ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #2516 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
I'm not sure how you've set it up, but it must be the newest version of BS2 and you must follow the instructions I've written exactly, as in mash type etc. You wont get 23L out unless you tip it up at the end, which you can if you like. I will do a video soon on how to get 23L or more out but its mucking around and adding extra water and changing recipes a bit.

Your boil volume should be about 28-29L, you'll lose maybe 3 or 4L during a 60 min boil, you'll probably leave behind about 3L in the boiler. So you'll end up with +-20L ish could be more could be less. Same as Grainfather and Braumeister.

To be honest I dont touch the fermentation bit in BS I take it as it comes. Yes under pressure you should be able to ferment a bit warmer and so the ferment will be quicker. I'm only just about to use the fermentasaurus for the second time.

Yep lots to get your head around :) but relax once you've done it a few times you'll realise there's not much to worry about. DOn't be shy in asking more questions.

Cheers mate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2517 by ajburnet
Replied by ajburnet on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Thanks Gash - installed a few days ago so latest version - must have messed something up as I'm pretty sure 39L of sparge is possibly too much! 20L is what I'm looking for as I'm planning on bottling using the counter pressure filler thingy and have 24 bottles ready to go!

Thanks for the help - hopefully I can figure out what's not setup quite right in BeerSmith2!

Ta,

Alex.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #2521 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
The average is 19 to 20L mash and then sparge with about 12-14L, but the more important is just continue to sparge until you get to a just before 29L (thats the max line on my robo) . Make sure you've chosen BIAB mash profile in BS. Cheers

PS as I said BS thinks BIAB is full volume mash so wont split up mash/sparge water amounts, but its more accurate to use BS this way than the traditional way.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2523 by ajburnet
Thanks for the tips! :)

More
6 years 9 months ago #2525 by Dilligaf666
Replied by Dilligaf666 on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
I have the same setup - a robobrew with pump and a fermentasarus - its a good combination.
For my last batch... I added sparge water to take up to the 29 litres as Gash said
It boiled off to the mark around 25 litres (i think)
Anyway - I used the no chill method and put the wort in a 25 Litre food safe cube and added 3 litres of water to that - so I ended up with 23 litres in the fermentasarus
I suppose I could have tipped the robobrew up to get more wort in - didnt think of that

More
6 years 9 months ago #2529 by ajburnet
Good to know - will run my first brew tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Alex.

More
6 years 9 months ago #2531 by Dilligaf666
Good luck - I have made a few batches in the fermentasuras now and 2 AG beers in the robobrew.
I don't think you can make to many mistakes with the robobrew - i have found it very easy to use - going for batch number 3 this weekend

More
6 years 9 months ago #2536 by ajburnet
Brew seemed to go well, got 24L out (tipping the RB) with the post boil SG spot on to the recipe at 1.055.

Have a heat belt on my fermentasaurus - I can't see much activity but I guess it takes the yeast a while to multiply and get cracking!?

The recipe called for a 14 day fermentation period, not sure what that will come down to under pressure - do I just take a sample when activity is down (under pressure so assume I can do that without contaminating) and call it quits when it hits the target FG?

Also - with the fermentasaurus, did you discard the trub/yeast using the collection bottles, or just leave it alone till the end?

Cheers folks - thanks for all the tips - on my way now I reckon!

Alex

More
6 years 9 months ago #2537 by Dilligaf666
Now I reckon this is where it gets interesting -I know what I have done - but I'm not sure whether this is right or wrong to be honest....

I did a brew in the fermentasaurus under pressure when the weather was warmer without a heat belt and used a spunding valve so that pressure would max out at 100kpa. Warmer temps are bad for yeast and therefore beer but apparently under pressure you can afford a few degrees warmer - and as a result it brews out quicker.

I have removed the trub on some of the brews - but I also did this as I dry hopped using the collection bottle - word of warning If you dont release the pressure before you remove the collection bottle -kaboom - mess everywhere ( spoken through experience)

The beauty of the fermentasaurus is you see the krasuen form and the activity occuring - normally within 24 hours (in my case anyway). I also just wait 2 weeks and generally dont take sg readings - I know thats bad but it has worked for me so far - I am only doing ales and keep the temp constant (easy in winter with heat belt - temp control ) at about 18/19 degrees C

24 litres from the RB - neat -assume you had the boil at 29 litres - for how long? - Ive been doing mine at 90 mins so I get the full 60 minute hop addition when its well and truly boiling.

oh yeah 1 other thing - my last batch..... It was under pressure - no spunding valve this time. So i am not sure how much psi/kpa it was but definitely more than 100kpa. I released some pressure before transferring the fermented beer into kegs - but let it out to fast and it stirred the whole lot up inside the fermentasarus which made my filter work extra hard - and now I need a new one.

btw - I think we sort of hijacked the robobrew beersmith profile thread.... :/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajburnet

More
6 years 8 months ago #2574 by DavidSeaton
Replied by DavidSeaton on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Hi Mate,

Do you know how I import this profile so it is available in my equipment in Beersmith 2?

Thanks,
David

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top