BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 9 months ago #4050 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Sort of depends how your mash is going and if your unit is insulated, which you should do if you havent. If everything is good can mash with just small elements, if you need some ramping or quicker adusting can switch on the big element. But what happens with the bigger elements is once the robo hits temp and they switch off, there is still a lot of residual heat on the element which can raise your temp a bit, in the end it doesnt matter much because it all evens out, but some brewers take the temp too often and they'll be scratching their heads wondering why the temps are over shooting.
Funky smell? It does have a small odour, but it usually rinses off, most funky odours are from when its doing its thing, breaking down hop oils and organics. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Da Veitchi Code

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #4057 by Da Veitchi Code
Replied by Da Veitchi Code on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Yeah keen to insulate it being that I'm in Canberra she gets chilly brewing outside here haha.
When cleaning it smelt as expected but after I rinsed it and it dried out that the smell came about. Almost like off vegetable matter which I can imaging if there's residue hops somewhere but I can't see anything and gave the pump a good flush out in the process too. If the brews are good then I won't worry:)

More
4 years 7 months ago #4203 by W.stephaner
Replied by W.stephaner on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Thanks for these profiles! Hope it makes my brews a bit smoother.

Question in the mash profiles, medium body. The Mash Tun temp is set to 71, is this because of the water temp when heating? Would this not change with the mash water temp?

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 7 months ago #4204 by Gash
its at 71c because thats the strike temp+- for tat temp for that mash temp range, but yes should be changed depending on your strike temp. Cheers

put cold grain into 71c strie water / mash tun and hope it comes close to 66ish y the time you've mixed it in etc.

More
3 years 2 months ago #5178 by BeerRay1986
Replied by BeerRay1986 on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Gash i recently watched your video on YT about mash dead space, water volumes, and now the equipment profile did a farmhouse ale on Saturday and FINALLY i have it perfect a big thanks to you sir your all over it!!! I've tried the shortcircuited profile and it wasn't even close. I literally wanted 20 in a cube and as the brewzilla gurgled it was full to the cube neck!! thanks mate
Ray

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 2 months ago #5180 by Gash
Thats awesome to hear mate, shortcircuits never worked for me either, Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BeerRay1986

More
3 years 1 month ago #5199 by Gaz
Replied by Gaz on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Hi,

May be a dumb question... but anyone know how to save these profiles in BS3? I can open them in BS3 but can't seem to find an option for saving them in my Equipment / Mash Profiles lists...

Cheers,
Gaz.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 1 month ago #5200 by Gash
I haven’t done it for a while and I’m on the road but I think its a copy and paste, so if you open them, you Highlight it CNTRL+C and then open the equipment window and CNTRL+V I think.. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaz

More
3 years 1 month ago #5201 by Gaz
Replied by Gaz on topic BeerSmith 3 Robobrew Profiles 2018
Yep - that did it! Thanks for your help - and for the profiles.

Recently got the Brewzilla - will be doing my first AG brew this week (after watching a few of your vids).

Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top