Cloudy but fine

• Cherry1
  • Cherry1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #3661 by Cherry1
Cloudy but fine was created by Cherry1
I have made a Fullers London Pride clone about 6 times in the past.
Basically just pale malt, medium crystal and bittering hops (posted recipe in another thread). Always came out really good and very clear. I had cooled 3 and cubed 3 and all came out basically the same.
Current one (cubed) has now been in the keg for over 2 weeks, tastes fine but it is cloudy as buggery.
Everything went as per previous brews and numbers were good. Obviously some variation somewhere.
Any ideas on most likely causes for the cloudiness?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #3662 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Cloudy but fine
ummmm happens to me sometimes hard to pinpoint too, so guessing didnt dry hop, and since you didnt chill here isnt a difference much there.. does the haze look yeasty? or like chill haze? I do notice lately some of my older recipes that used to clear up fast seem not to do the same thing when no chilled, but if you've had success in the past it might not be the issue. Was the ferment as strong as usual or a bit sluggish? Taking it ferment and cold crash (if you did that) all were the same as previous brews?

• Cherry1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #3663 by Cherry1
Replied by Cherry1 on topic Cloudy but fine
Cheers Gash,
Probably sat on the yeast a few days longer than normal while an IPA finished off, thought that would help if anything, both were cold crashed for for 3 days.
Used S04 yeast, cracked on after 24 hours and finished reasonably quickly as normal. Ferment temp was 19 C. Funnily enough had a couple of issues with the IPA and dry hopped with about 150g and that is crystal clear.
Looks more like a cross between a Coopers pale ale and a NEIPA. So dont think it is a chill haze.
Drinking one now :-)
Chris

More
5 years 4 months ago #3723 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Cloudy but fine
So looking at it from another angle, maybe its just the fact it was cubed and not chilled and cloudy is normal but often it will actually clear up anyway if your lucky. cheers.

• Cherry1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #3724 by Cherry1
Replied by Cherry1 on topic Cloudy but fine
Could be mate.
Just in the middle of brewing another one as I type. Cloudy one is nearly finished :-)
This will be going in the cube as well (IPA and a Dunkel still in the fermentation fridge). Will see what happens.
Got to get ready for Christmas and New Year......

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top