You are not logged in.

The Fermzilla

• Paddybrew
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #4323 by Paddybrew
The Fermzilla was created by Paddybrew
Hey folks. Im about 5 month into my all grain journey. Have the brewzilla based on Gash's vids. This week i took delivery of my Series X kegerator and just kegged my first NEIPA. The rabbit hole gets bigger as you know so now im looking into getting a fermzilla based on your vids. Was impressed by the All Rounder 30 litre. WHats the benefits of having this type of fermenter, i just have the regualr coopers one and also the stock standard LHBS one with the air lock.

I have been reading up on closed transfers which seems to be a big advantage. If i wanted to avail of this with the all rounder, would i also need that pressure kit as extra and what else can you achieve with this pressure kit and this fermentor.
cheers
Paddy
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Paddybrew. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #4324 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic The Fermzilla
The enclosed transfer is what I like, the other use is that it can be used as a keg, besides that its just a fermenter. Yep you'd need the pressure kit and a gas bottle would probably be needed for transfers, and definitely needed if you decided to use it as a serving vessel, keg.
Cheers mate

• Paddybrew
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #4325 by Paddybrew
Replied by Paddybrew on topic The Fermzilla
Cheers Gash. I Was reading up on the main unit last night and with the collection jar , for example if you brew an NEIPA, you would still have to open the top of the vessel on day two as I presume you wouldn’t remove the collection jar to dry hop seeing as it may contain yeast required for fermentation. Or is it a case of after two days the yeast will be in suspension and all that’s in the jar is needless trub ?

More
4 years 4 months ago #4326 by Gash
Well its up to you, I usually put it through the top since its heavily in fermentation any oxygen getting in will just be pushed out. Need to not stuff around the hops can cause some foam up if fermenting under a fair amount of pressure. Either way will work. I've seen some people put hops in bags with a magnet and stick them to the upper wall of the fermenter out of the wort, then comes to dry hop they take away the outer magnet and dry them in, havent tried that though! Sorry for delay in reply., missed the notification. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paddybrew

• Paddybrew
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #4327 by Paddybrew
Haha that magnet trick is pretty inventive. Yeah I think I’m sold on the idea to be honest on getting one. I’ve only been brewing AG a few months and I have just moved to kegs. It’s a steep but fun learning curve so I think the next logical step is the ability to ferment under pressure as well as oxygen free enclosed transfers
Cheers mate. Always appreciated

More
4 years 4 months ago #4328 by Gash
It really doesnt matter which one you get, be it the fermentasaurus or fermzilla, just have a look and see which is best for you. Cheers mate!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paddybrew

• Paddybrew
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #4426 by Paddybrew
Im about to do my first enclosed transfer in a few days but i need to get some beer lines to do the transfers. Do i need two sets of lines. One gas to gas , connected with ball lock disconnects and the other beer to beer with ball lock disconnects. Ive seen on some vids, the beer lines tend to be wider than the line you have going from keg to tap. Is there a specific beer line youd suggest for a faster transfer?

More
4 years 1 month ago #4433 by Gash
Sorry mate, had some computer issues here I havent been getting the notifications, you've probably done it already, you can get away with just a beer to beer line and a PRV. but it is handy to have a gas to gas, if you want to it gravity fed.
Cheers!

• Paddybrew
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #4445 by Paddybrew
Cheers mate, i got the gas to gas

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top