You are not logged in.

What fridge setup is beat

• Brodiep
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #2985 by Brodiep
What fridge setup is beat was created by Brodiep
Hi All,
I have an old fridge that I use for fermentation temp control. I am looking at getting kegs but that would require another fridge if I am not mistaken, that would be four fridges running in the house, you can imagine what the better half would think of that.
Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions, I am all ears

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2986 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic What fridge setup is beat
I wanted to build a keezer, keg set up in a freezer with wooden collar etc. I'm pretty handy on the tools and have built furniture for the house... anyway... I told the wife... She saw the Keg King purpose built kegerators and near on immediately said I should get one of them if I want it in the house... So she ended up buying me one after I left empty bottles on the sink all the time.. plan worked.. It did take her two bloody years.. but in that time I had bought a few second hand kegs and other bits and pieces. The newer V4 are pretty good on power too. So as much as I'd like one I built myself, the keg king fridge pleased the wife.. I now have two, although one is just for bottles and bought beer hahahaha Cheers mate!

• Brodiep
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #2987 by Brodiep
Replied by Brodiep on topic What fridge setup is best
Thanks Gash,
I was trying to think of a way to have one fridge for the dual purpose of one side for fermentation and the other side for kegs. I just thought that having more than one fridge or keggerator would not go down well for the electricity bill seeing most homes these days have two fridges for food and bulk buying food.

I was wondering if any of the group have any experience with water chillers that could replace the compressor in the fridge and then put some new coils into the fridge using the chilled water or glycol to cool each compartment. I know it sounds like a lot of mucking around but need to move on from bottles as my only option.

Paul

More
6 years 2 months ago #2988 by ozale
Replied by ozale on topic What fridge setup is best
Hi Paul, have you thought about a jockey box or similar set up? that may be a solution for you, just a thought.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2989 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic What fridge setup is best
This isnt really help ful but I have 4 fridges in the garage and 2 in the house. My son hunts pigs and I brew beer and my wife does shopping.
! fridge is for fermentation control, 1 fridge is for my drinking home brew , 1 fridge is for dog meat( feed my dogs raw meat) and another small fridge is for god knows what.
In the house we have our fridge and in the laudry we have a stand up freezer full off not much.
My advice is if yoiu need another fridge then get an other fridge, I dont think it cost too much to run. Good luck , and a few brownie points with your lovely wife and you will reap the rewards. good luck and brew on . cheers mate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top