You are not logged in.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6...5 ... 4... 3... 2 ... Almost there!

• Red Dragon
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3714 by Red Dragon
After doing nothing with the hobby for a number of years I decided I was going to make my wife happy and create some space by selling off all my beloved gear, or as she often says 'JUNK!'. I can't blame her for saying it as I always tend to take over the house whenever I start something.
Anyway, one day I start picking through gear to see how to organise them for sale, fondly caressing each item I'd built over the years with all the love, dedication, and devotion I'd possessed at the time, sigh. As the memories flooded back I could hear their little inanimate voices pleading with me ........ Please Tony, ......... please don't do it So to cut to the chase, their staying with their creator for the long haul, the wife isn't happy but she's accepted the situation on the chin, she's a good sport really :-0
I'm almost ready for blastoff now with parts arriving weekly to repair and finish projects in time for brewing during the Christmas break :-) . The 100 mm SS shanks for my Keezer arrive from KegLand today so I'll have that finished tonight. I should say working at least, I'll put chalk board on the lid & drip tray later. My grain mill has also been given a new home along with speed control, sorry Gash I know you go for the self powered crush yourself :-0
I know people like pictures so while they're not the best as they were taken in a hurry before heading to work, here's a couple. I picked up the freezer for $80 and spent about $70 to build the collar. After building a collar for an old freezer I had in the shed a couple of months ago and siliconing it on, only to have it pack up a few weeks later, I made this new one so it just lifts on and off. The last pic is a quick one of my Braumiser copy, I'll add more of it later.

I'd like to also say that discovering Gash's YouTube channel earlier this year played a big part in rekindling my interest in the hobby with his down to earth approach. I've never entered competitions and just enjoy knocking about by myself, if the beer tastes good that's all I care about. Some people get so irate about whats right and wrong on some forums with every aspect of the hobby I can't be bothered adding any input to the discussions anymore. Each to their own of course but I don't care how anyone brews if it makes them happy :-)

Cheers everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #3715 by Cherry1
Good stuff Tony. Keezers looking great.
Poor planning though, should have brewed now so you are drinking for Christmas :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Red Dragon

• Red Dragon
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3716 by Red Dragon
Hi Cherry1, Alas I was on track for awhile but a few of the dreaded shipping 'out of stock' delays dashed my schedule :-( That said, as long as I'm pumping some out while I'm on holiday's I'll be very happy :-)

More
5 years 4 months ago #3717 by Gash
Great story Tony, funnily enough some people look at me funny when I say I run two facebook groups, one of them nearly 44.000 members and a forum, this one, but I don't often comment in the facebook groups because most people don't like hearing others opinions even they they ask for it in the first place, funny world.. Early days of Home Brew Network we had a few active professional brewers from large well known breweries, sad fact is people dont want advice, and its usually the case that people with a lot of experience just stop answering, I go through long spells myself, here is different, its kind of quiet forum wise, but when you see the number of hits we get, its quite popular. I saw it all happen years ago on the Aussie home brew forum, long time before facebook, it just turned into a real shit fight, it was awful, I left vowed never to return, and still kind of feel that way, they've picked up their game but hard to get past what went on 10 year ago or more it was, it was a mess. Then it got taken over and then they want to charge money ugh.. anyway digressing... Just saying even though I run a few forums I understand why people get sick and tired of the shit that goes down in them.
but..... IT's nearly FRIDAYYYYY wooot hahaha
Cheers all :)

• Red Dragon
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #3718 by Red Dragon
Hi Gash, I've always found the problem with forums is the interpretation of the written word. An author of a book might take years to write it and then have proof readers, editors, agents, and a dozen other people examine it under a microscope before its printed, and it still hits the shelves with mistakes. On forums with a hot topic flying across the screen taking time to analyze what your about to post to see if it going to be interpreted the wrong way just isn't viable. Next thing you know some muppet jumps onboard berating someone who meant the exact opposite of what the person thought he meant. Then it's on, pages of crap and hidden resentments that come out in every post the poor innocent sod ever posts on the forum again. Its just not worth the effort in the long run. I'd like to state now that my character is 95% about making light of a situation and having fun, so if you ever read one of my posts and think I'm having a go it will only be in fun :-0
Yes, cheers all :-)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Red Dragon. Reason: ummm, Spelling again I'm afraid :-)

More
5 years 4 months ago #3719 by Finnroo
Great photos mate, very cool. My lovely likes to bring home cool junk. Few weeks back she bought home an old and very rusty cast iron oven fire door complete with hinges and latch. Im thinking i might wire brush and sand it back, paint it black and mount it on a slightly larger piece of recycled wood, mount 2 taps on it and bolt it to my keg fridge door. should be good as long as the fridge door can handle the weight, lol.
Ive stopped all my Facebook and Youtube, only doing Cellar Dwellers, its easy going, cheers takecare.

• Red Dragon
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3720 by Red Dragon
Thanks Finnroo, you'll open the door and the fridge will tip over lol. No it sounds like a great idea, don't forget to post some pics if you do it. I love watching YouTube guitar, motorcycle, and brewing videos & I can go along with the passion and personal opinions people have, but I can't understand the venomous hateful way so many express themselves with for something they should be enjoying. It just seems to be part of society in general these days. I think I got the vibe this place is different when I first visited, and sad to say I'm not going to tell anyone about it. Maybe you should only get here because your on a journey looking for it. I watched quite a few of Gash's Cellar Dweller vids before I realised a Forum could be uncovered :-) My shanks arrived yesterday so my Keezer will be finished tomorrow ye-haaaa! I mounted the taps 100 mm apart and will bung a bottle opener on the right hand side one day soon.
Cheers :-)
Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago #3721 by Finnroo
Hahaha yeah ill give that fridge door some more thought. Your keezer is very very tidy, well done. cheers mate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top