• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #4822 by ozdevil1
counter pressure bottle filler was created by ozdevil1
Hey all

Just recieve a counter pressure filler from Keg king

i just hand an empy bottle sitting next to my computer

So placed it on the 330ml bottle and i noticed about an inch and 1/2 space between
the bottom of bottle and the bottom of the filler stem.

my thoughts on this, is this will create a bit of foaming and oxygen with in the poured bottle

i understand that when i first connect i will purce the oxygen out of bottle 1st

then when i have finished purging i then place a bit of co2 back in to pressurize
then turn it to beer and ever so slightly release the purge valve to start the fill
i understand this will be done slowly but will this be to much of a problem

i am thinking of getting some 5-6 mm id evaline tube to attach to the filler stem so the poor is a bit more quite on the fill

but in reality it should have been made adjustable to allow the length of stubby or long neck i would have thought

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #4824 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic counter pressure bottle filler
I haven’t got much from keg king for years, besides ingredients and a clamp but I’m guessing it’s the same as others , I think you’ll find it extends. If it doesn’t there’s something wrong, it should be able to hit the bottom of a long neck even. Cheers mate

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #4825 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic counter pressure bottle filler
its not the tapcooler counter pressure it the older style mate

there is no attachment to extend any longer then what that stem is

it can do 330ml after playing around with the bung

i was talking to will the ceo from keg king about this arvo

as he thought i was talking the tapcooler which is telescopic arm to get it out to a longneck

i think my option if wanting to fill long necks or 375ml stubbies is to add a bit of tube to the stem
which is no real drama

appreciate your input mate
Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #4827 by Gash
The CEO from Keg King isnt a brewer, just letting you know... but just tested mine it'll do a 750 PET bottle fine, and stubbies as you said, I'm fucking pissed off it doesnt do longies, I thought it would. I've been meaning to make a stand for mine they are useless using by hand, did he tell you that? lol just havent got around to it. Somewhere on the end of one of my videos you see me spraying the ceiling with it.. Need a stand..

More
3 years 8 months ago #4828 by Gash
whats your plans? bottling whole batches or just the odd one here and there, makes a huge difference to what you should choose. Even the old beer gun is great, just depends on what you are wanting.

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #4829 by ozdevil1
hey Gash

yeah i gathered he wasnt a brewer , just a born salesman. i have spoken to him before a couple of times..

my intentions is to move to just kegs to save on room in my home
my spare bedroom is looking like a junkyard full of stuff and its all good brewing stuff lol.

i am not looking at doing full bottling batches just the odd dozen stubbies from the keg here and there . they will be mainly 330ml anyway

creating a stand as you said would be good as it would free up a hand

so my use for it probably wont warrent a stand

More
3 years 8 months ago #4830 by Gash
By the way if you haven’t done so you can move the bung up and down the thicker pipe at the top to adjust for the stubbie or PET bottle.

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #4831 by ozdevil1

By the way if you haven’t done so you can move the bung up and down the thicker pipe at the top to adjust for the stubbie or PET bottle.

yep done that mate its at the top as we speak whicj is about 2-3ml off the bottom of a 330ml

More
3 years 8 months ago #4832 by Gash
hmm you wouldnt think the keg kings were shorter? I got mine from kegland, one would assume they are from the same supplier. but mine hits the bottom of a 330ml, well this one at least and as I said the 750ml PET which is a touch taller than my 330ml bottle here. Might be hard to see but you can see the bung isnt all the way in and its on the bottom, as you said, easy fix if needed

Attachments:

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 8 months ago #4833 by ozdevil1

hmm you wouldnt think the keg kings were shorter? I got mine from kegland, one would assume they are from the same supplier. but mine hits the bottom of a 330ml, well this one at least and as I said the 750ml PET which is a touch taller than my 330ml bottle here. Might be hard to see but you can see the bung isnt all the way in and its on the bottom, as you said, easy fix if needed

the stem of the keg king is 220mm and at 220mm i can get it just to hit the bottom of 330ml

not sure on the length of the stem on the kegland one.

i only purchased a keg king one just to see how the service was .i nearly went with kegland one to be honest

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top