You are not logged in.

Aplle Wine/Cider Hooch?

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #438 by Dullahan Brewing
Aplle Wine/Cider Hooch? was created by Dullahan Brewing
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Ok i am in a silly mood today sorry.The other day i decided to do two 4lt batches of i suppose what you would call an apple cider or apple wine? Shout out to secue01 from bonnie Scotland via dundeebrewing and youtube. Basically its two empty plastic water bottles, chuck in four litres of cheap apple juice into each,add one teaspoon wine or cider yeast,screw on cap and shake the beejaysus out of it,loosen cap to let CO2 escape and thats it.

I made a slight adjustment to secue's receipe, i also added 1/2 tsp yeast nutrient to each batch as Lidl apple juice probably does not contain enough nutrient to keep the yeast going i reckoned. I used very general Youngs super wine yeast which i reckon is great because basically it will brew everything short of poteen ;)

Ok my question is how long do i leave it and then what do i do? Do i treat it like a wine or cider? Any suggestions please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top