You are not logged in.

Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #1214 by Dullahan Brewing
Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D was created by Dullahan Brewing
Got a brain fart the other day (i can hear ye all say "oh no not again"), i have been searching high and low for some perry juice to brew my own perry or even plain old pear juice to do something similar but not to be found between here and UK it seems. Anyway Aldi the other day saw some pear halves in their own juice in tins.Picked up six tins and tonight i chucked them all in a pot and boiled and pureed them,added 2.5 lires cold tap water and put the lot into a demijhon with a tsp each of pectolase and yeast nutrient. I used a woodfords wherry yeast i had left over from a kit that was 12 months out but had been kept in the fridge all along,fingers crossed, no gravity taken, just want to see if i can brew something passable :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #1215 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D
Well as of last night it's fizzing away nice and slowly.All the pulp has floated to the top which is what i expected so here's hoping in two weeks or so i will have something drinkable,if it works will be a cheap way to make a pear drink :woohoo:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 2 weeks ago #1216 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D
I hope it works out mate!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top