You are not logged in.

Leaky Ball Valve.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1050 by Dullahan Brewing
Leaky Ball Valve. was created by Dullahan Brewing
Sorry for the poor picture quality on these. This is a close up of the tap on my keg conversion. It is an aluminium keg ad as you may be able to see from the pics it has raised ridges around the entire outer circumference.

In trying to keep the tap as close to the bottom as possible i believe i bored the hole too close to one of these ridges as can be seen on the far right of both pictures below. At the moment i am only using a thin teflon washer backer with an ordinary black rubber garden hose seal. I have been messing with this all evening and the damn thing is still dripping from the bottom on the right.

Any suggestions on how to fix this ? Its a right pita because i have both elements in and working and i want to get this completed before tackling the stock pot conversion.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1052 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Leaky Ball Valve.
Here is a simple set up which works fine in one of my kegs, no washers at all on the tap side.
This is the way they are sold from Keg King.

File Attachment:

And here is another set up if you really want to make sure.

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top