You are not logged in.

Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi....

• ajburnet
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3173 by ajburnet
Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi.... was created by ajburnet
Hi folks. I've been busy brewing with a RoboBrew with good success and I'm now planning on a new project which is to build a (mostly) automated 3 vessel HERMS setup using CraftBeerPi .

Generally a fan of all things automation so it just makes sense!

Goal here is that I can fill up the HLT, add the grain to the mash tun and start the process. The process would end with it transferring the chilled wort into the fermenter and finally, managing the fermentation process to completion.

Has anyone here embarked on a project like this? In the planning stages so looking for input / thoughts / questions!

Thanks,

Alex.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by ajburnet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #3175 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi....
Sounds ambitious! but not impossible. I have a couple of arduino based ones but only for the mash, I've never used them for brewing lol they have been tested and sit in a drawer, one day I will :) Good luck!
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Gash.

• ajburnet
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3183 by ajburnet
Replied by ajburnet on topic Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi....
Thanks - guessing I'll run into a few challenges but have mostly planned it out - just need to figure out how to sort the hope release side of it....

More
5 years 10 months ago #3269 by Brodiep
Replied by Brodiep on topic Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi....
Hi ajburnet,
I too am interested in the craftbeerPi system and I also brew with a Robobrew gen2 with pump. I have had problems with the RB controller cutting out during the boiling process and have fitted a small fan inside the base of the RB to allow for some circulation but it still cuts out on occasions. I had the CraftbeerPIV2 running on a Raspberry 3 without the relays power side hardware and all seemed good but then the Craftbeer developers started work on the Ver3 system. I must admit that I didn't followup with that version but what I saw of the Ver2 system looked good so assume that the Ver3 would be even better.
I would be interested in looking at this as a project as I don't think that the RB controller is of high quality and I may have to replace it in the future anyway so I consider the CraftbeerPIver3 as a plan B.
Happy to keep in touch

Paul

More
5 years 6 months ago #3549 by WoodyBlue
Replied by WoodyBlue on topic Automated Brewery with CraftBeerPi....
Hey guys, New to the forum. I too am in the process of building an all electric semi automated brewery. I am very interested in following this thread and learning as much as I can.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top