You are not logged in.

all in one vs 3 vessel nano brew

• kingkongdonkey
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3390 by kingkongdonkey
all in one vs 3 vessel nano brew was created by kingkongdonkey
hi all - looking to make the move from extract to all grain.

I was locked an loaded to get a robobrew gen 3, but have seen a lot of comments regarding quality of product etc, I understand that you normally only hear about the bad experiences. is it worth just saving a bit longer and getting the grainfather? also, if I can get the nano 30l 3vessel system for the same price - what is the best way to go? I have the room for a 3 vessel, im assuming only downside is cleaning? would having the 3 vessel eliminate the need for a sparge kettle?

too many options - ill just order a chicken schnitzel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #3392 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic all in one vs 3 vessel nano brew
In my opinion there isnt much difference between grainfather and robobrew, if you buy robobrew from a reputable company, preferably kegland they will look after any issues you have quickly. Grainfather are good for any issues too, they look after you as well. You do get a better chiller with the grainfather and they have options like wifi for the controller, I think that costs extra and honestly to me not a feature I'm really interested in, you shouldnt be walking away from your brewing especially if you have things like pumps running etc, but some people love it.

I find myself using my robobrew all the time just because I'm time poor and the all in one does save a lot of cleaning, space and setup.

I have not used the 3V system you spoke of but it looks pretty good. I love my 3V and it does give me more mash space, but its more work on brew day, which I don't mind if I have the time.

I guess the other advantage of the 3V is easy repairs you can do at home if needed, rather than having to ship off your whole system to be fixed or replaced.

No one can tell the difference in beers made on any of these systems because there is no difference.

It is a hard choice to make when spending big bucks and there is no definitive right answer unfortunately. I'm not sure if you live near a brew shop that does demos but that is a good option, or a local brew club is a good place to look which again can be found by asking at your local home brew shop if you have no luck on google or social media.

Personally I have had no issues with my robobrews, but of course I see the issues some have, but similarly I also see lots of issues people have with the grainfather. They are both made from chinese parts, most, nearly all systems are.

The 3V system you will use your HLT for sparge water so you don't need anything else in regards to sparging.

Wish I could give you a simple answer but its really personal choice.

One good thing about getting a robobrew is it is cheap so if you decide all grain isn't for you you aren't losing a lot of dollars. We are all waiting on their 60L to see how that goes too.

Hope some of that helps!
Cheers mate
The following user(s) said Thank You: kingkongdonkey

• kingkongdonkey
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #3393 by kingkongdonkey
Replied by kingkongdonkey on topic all in one vs 3 vessel nano brew
thanks mate much appreciated

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top