2 brewzillas or a brewzilla and a digiboil

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4601 by ozdevil1
Gday All

I have been out of homebrew for the past 10 years or more, wish i never stopped brewing to be honest and getting back into it and goinfg all grain this time

anyway i am in a bit of a pickle here

I already have a 65l brewzilla on backorder paid for

I am in to minds wether to go a 65l digiboil just to boil water for sparging and maybe biab once in a blue moon

or go 35l brewzilla

I figure having both brewzillas in 65l and 35l i am leaving my options well open

as i can do full volume with out worrying of sparging in the 65l but if i only want a small batch i can still brew a small one and the 65 litre i can still boil water to to sparge

i also think the 35 litre will help with sparging in the 65l as i can use the pump to help

so 35litre brewzilla or 65l digi boil?

cheers in advnce my woman is going to kill me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4602 by Gash
I think a 35L will do you well, its plenty enough for sparge water, plus you when you do smaller batches its better. Thats what I use. I actually find myself doing single batches way more often then double and the 65L is a great HLT, holds plenty!
but if you do really big beers all the time you mind a 65L better..
Hey could I ask a favour when you order that you start the order through one my links,
bit.ly/KeglandMainPage
since the new website I dont think its working properly
Cheers and thanks

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4603 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic 2 brewzillas or a brewzilla and a digiboil

I think a 35L will do you well, its plenty enough for sparge water, plus you when you do smaller batches its better. Thats what I use. I actually find myself doing single batches way more often then double and the 65L is a great HLT, holds plenty!
but if you do really big beers all the time you mind a 65L better..
Hey could I ask a favour when you order that you start the order through one my links,
bit.ly/KeglandMainPage
since the new website I dont think its working properly
Cheers and thanks

Thanks for that info, I agree with your thinking and have decided that going 35l brewzilla is the way to go

Will use your link when I order this tomorrow

Thanks once again and cheers and beers

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4604 by ozdevil1
Just Ordered the 35l brewzilla from kegland using the Link provided by Gash

now to get myself ready for a drive to go pick the beast up..

now all i have to is wait until my 65l brewzilla turns up and i will have the best of both worlds

More
3 years 10 months ago #4605 by Gash
Awesome thanks mate! Cheers!

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4608 by ozdevil1
Hey i tell ya what, i felt like i was at work today as being a truck driver i usually head interstate.. travelling from bacchus marsh to springvale and back felt like for ever getting there and forever getting back but got me out of the house again.... worth the journey for shiny new toys ey

well got it home started to assemble it , put the 1/2 inch tap on, well the the tap started spinning didnt it and looked like it was going to leak . are you dumbass ex tasmanian ya left ya spare head in tassie, plumbers tap should do the trick. well i didnt have to much left of that stuff .. but thought hmmmm i think 2 1/2inch washers would do the trick and bueatiful tap secure//

hmmm time to put the ring thing on the flase bottom, wasnt happening for me my fat unco-ordinated fingers so the mrs was close by said you have no choice but ya gotta do this for me... that job done and she did a good job so i let her poor me a beer and pick my quaddie and thats where we started fighting she put me out of the 1st leg..

now the screen and overflow pipe well i am looking at the over flow pipe and the bottom screen said to me self this aint happen what am i suppose to do make my own thread.. then it bloody dawned on me was thinking like a south aussie that barracks for those port knuckle draggers , then suddenly i was knocked out cold cos i said yhis out loud it must have been a port knuckle dragger (she barracks for port for christ sake) are pull the overflow pipe out and bingo theres the threaded part. screwed it all in..

anyway time to do the glass lid or whatever like to call it. i look for it everywhere
next minute that knuckle dragger of a wife says you looking for this?

i said yes

she says to bad i need a replacement lid for a pot that size

i said do you need one with a huge hole in the middle

she said hmmm i think you can have this one its broken,

ok dear i can make use of that

now just turn on put some water in it to test for leaks and all good, i never floated away

just cleaning it with some pbw now and about to give it a good rinse again..

the sad part about this i have to go through this drama again when i get the 65l brewzilla

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4609 by ozdevil1
sorry for the long wind post that never makes sense or spelling or grammer mistakes
i was kicked out of school for the life when i went to childcare

More
3 years 10 months ago #4611 by Gash
hahaha thats gold, keep em coming mate :)

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 10 months ago #4615 by ozdevil1

hahaha thats gold, keep em coming mate :)

thats what carlton draught does to me mate. its not like real beer

thats the hard thing at the moment i am getting all my brew gear back after 10 years or so out of the game

i still have a few items to get before i can really get stuck into making tax free water

, oh i only brew to annoy the good lady as she really hates the blop blop blop from fermenters , but i find therapeutic and gets me to sleep, she is really annoyed beer gets to sleep in bed while she sleeps on the floor

More
3 years 10 months ago #4619 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic 2 brewzillas or a brewzilla and a digiboil
Hahaha cheers mate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top