• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #5147 by ozdevil1
gas check valves was created by ozdevil1
Hey all you smart guys out there

I just purchased a couple of 1 way gas valves for my kegerator and counter flow bottle filler

they are the ones that Grain and grapes sell

Now they state which end is the Gas in and which is the Gas out

I had attached the black end facing towards my gas regulator so the gas flows through the black end out out the silver end

However No gas comes through

I also tried turning it around so the gas comes in to the silver end and comes out the black end

same deal

I have set my pressure to 10 psi for my serving pressure in the keg and for it to carb up

i just use the set and forget method

The reason i found out it isnt working

is becuase i run a t-piece duotight fitting with 1 line that goes to the counter pressure bottle filler the other end goes to my kegertor

Should i connect the 1 way gas valve before the t- piece rather then 1 either side that leads to kegerator and c.p.bottle filler?

its just weird these things are not allowing gas to flow through

Cheers and Beers and a merry christmas to you all
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #5148 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic gas check valves
Red is gas out..
umm I guess its safer on each line, depending on set up so is liquid goes up one line it gets stopped instead going down the other line through the tpiece?
Sorry for delay, all christmas plans have gone to shit!
Cheers

• ozdevil1
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #5149 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic gas check valves
Thanks Gash for your response , i agree with what you had said and that was my plan but i wasnt able to get co2 through doing it that way until i did it from the reg to the t piece

i will play with it a bit more once this keg empties as it could have just been the numnut that installed them which was me lol..

hope you and your family had a great christmas

cheers

More
3 years 3 months ago #5154 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic gas check valves
I think I know what your meaning . Does it work going straight to the one way Gas valve, removing the T piece altogether? Also ,is your gas bottle turned fully on and regulated from the regulator only?
If you've only just got your bottle turned on a little bit ,it may not have enough push to open the valve especially if some is going through the T as well. Cheers and Beers.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top