You are not logged in.

Nelson Sauvin Hops

• chuznut
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1829 by chuznut
Replied by chuznut on topic Nelson Sauvin Hops

Any trip with beer is a good trip!

There are loads and loads nowadays. To many to recommend, but some of my favorites are;

PANHEAD - Vandal and everything else
LIBERTY - Yaikima Monster, Citra but evrything they do
GARAGE PROJECT - Death from above, Pernicious Weed ... to name a few

I haven't looked to be fair, but what are some good craft beers Aussie is exporting...I'll have a look. My local liquor store has 6 taps on constant circulation with plans to add more for Growlers and Flagons. In the last year they have extended the fridge and now there is 50/50 craft to regular brews. The range is massive. I'm sure you'll find your way, but only select stores offer large selections to choose from.

Cheers

I will be staying in Auckland for 6 weeks so I will be checking out the beers around there, I have tried beers from Epic, Stoke, Tuatara, Boundry Rd and the beers from The Mount Brewing Co. I will defiantly checking out 8 wired, Yeastie Boys and Garage Project. There heaps of good Craft beer here in Oz to many to mention just here in Brisbane there are 3 craft breweries some worth checking out are the beers from Brewcult, Pirate life, Feral, Four pines, Stone and Wood.

Cheers
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2147 by Dredd
Replied by Dredd on topic Nelson Sauvin Hops
Nelson Sauvin is one of my favourite hop strains to use. I find it lends well to adding a lot of aroma through dry hopping. The aroma can be somewhat polarising though.

I got on to this strain years ago after being impressed with the Knappstein Lager which features this strain.

More
5 years 9 months ago #3325 by brewtherhood
Replied by brewtherhood on topic Nelson Sauvin Hops
A single hop nelson sauvin "wine" type beer is on my summer horizon and I'll post results when I get to it.
I've used moteuka and rawuake? in saisons before replacing noble varieties and was stoked with results.
FWIW Ella hop from oz is fn shithot. Try S&W Garden Ale or Ironhouse Red Ella-both single hopped. Really sessionable and clean and subtle in its floral/citru tones. I've AG brewed the S&W Garden a cuople of times was so happy with
Cheers

More
5 years 9 months ago #3326 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Nelson Sauvin Hops
I've really enjoyed some single hop Ella beers, unfortunately havent been able to recreate myself! Think I must use more, MORE! hahaha Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top