You are not logged in.

Delay in pitching a prepared yeast starter.

• peter01010101
  • peter01010101's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #4523 by peter01010101
Delay in pitching a prepared yeast starter. was created by peter01010101
A quick question to the brains trust. I have prepared a 2L yeast starter (WLP013 London Ale) with the intention of brewing today. As to be expected nowadays, nothing goes to plan, and I won't get a chance to brew until next week at the earliest.
My question is: is it OK to leave the yeast on the starter beer in the Erlenmeyer flask in the fridge, or should I wash/decant it?
Cheers
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4524 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Delay in pitching a prepared yeast starter.
Gidday Peter, I cant see any issues at all. As long has its still sealed as is. I cant see it being any different than me reusing my yeast by storing it in a Jar for a month. As far as how to pitch the 2 liter starter I would swish it all around and pitch the lot, but thats just me and I normally only do a 1 L starter. Honestly cant see any issues at all. Cheers mate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter01010101

• peter01010101
  • peter01010101's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #4525 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic Delay in pitching a prepared yeast starter.
Thanks Finnroo. Interestingly, the times I have done liquid yeast starters in the past, I did 1L. Recently started trying Brewfather and their starter calculator recommended 2L at 1.039. Not quite sure why they would recommend a larger volume.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4526 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Delay in pitching a prepared yeast starter.
No worries Peter, Its my understanding that 2 liter starter is more for very high gravity ales (but not always) and Lagers (in general)
One liter all day long lol. Cheers great post.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4543 by Gash
Yeah Id leave it in the fridge, since it will be crashed and all the yeast will be at the bottom I'd probably pour off 3/4 of it, leave just enough it swish up the yeast, either either way will work though. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter01010101

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top