You are not logged in.

Biggie juice

More
6 years 6 months ago #2679 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Biggie juice
Jump in here Gash, any thoughts. cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johno
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2680 by Johno
Replied by Johno on topic Biggie juice
Yes 40 IBU must come from somewhere- right?. It is an IPA just cloudy white + very fruity tasting . The 3 C's may bring in to much citrus maybe?
Await you report with interest & thanks for your enthusiasm.
Johno

More
6 years 6 months ago #2681 by Finnroo
Your more than welcome, im getting alot out of it. I will post again next week on tuesday with my final recipe and please jump in if you think ive gone down the wrong track, but I think we are on the same page.
And i think i can get 40 ibu with out bittering too much if at all. Lately ive been adding first hops at the first runnings which really smooths it out. OK I will check in next week Johnno. Cheers , out there brewing it.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2683 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Biggie juice
I've tried many NEIPAs but I havent found one thats made me go wow and want to brew one, but I remembered reading about it in a BYO magazine last year so I checked and yep here's some trustworthy info on them! I left out the history etc but its got the recipes and the notes on each ingredient, it should help!

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Gash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johno

More
6 years 6 months ago #2684 by Gash
It should help with pointing you in the right direction!

More
6 years 6 months ago #2686 by Finnroo
Excellent, Cheers

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2694 by Finnroo
OK heres my recipe the Biggie juice, but im calling it Juicy Lucy.:)
Grain Bill, 4kg pale ale malt, 1.5kg wheat malt, 0.4kg carapils and 0.05 light crystal malt to adjust colour.
Hops, riwaka 15g@80min,Kohatu,Motere and Riwaka 10g each @20min and 5 min.Riwaka and kohatu 20g each@ 1min. Finally Riwaka, Kohatu and Moutere 20 g each @ flame out.
Dry hop after 4 days.
Ferment at 19degC for 10 days with and english yeast rehydrated.( high flocculation recomended) Mangrove Jacks Liberty bell.
I use the free software BrewMate and according to that should get OG1062 and FG 1016 giving me 6.2%ABV and colour of 5.3 SRM.
IBU.40.2
Note, the first hop addition will be at first wort runnings, smooths out mellows the bittering.
Im happy using these hops as I havnt use them before and should be fun.
Picking up supplies tomorrow. Any comments on the recipe are welcome. Cheers.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Finnroo. Reason: Left out IBU s
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johno

More
6 years 6 months ago #2695 by Gash
That sounds tasty! Hope it turns out, looking forward to seeing what happens!

More
6 years 6 months ago #2696 by Finnroo
Ive had a big day today . I set off for the local homebrew shop, Your Shout in Linwood. Had a great chat with Garred about the Juicy Lucy. He really likes what Johnnos pick of hops and also the recipe but added that some rolled oats might be good. And so he gave me some husks to avoid a stuck sparge free of cost which was awesome. He also liked that we are going to use english ale yeast and saID WE ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
He didnt have any wheat malt so i had to travel a wee way to another shop which was cool.
Garred said that I should maybe try an NEIPA and so i went searching and found one that was called, No sleep till Moutere NZ hazy IPA. Its by a brewery called BEHEMOTH. No sleep till Moutere reminds me of an IRON MAIDEN album. I bought 2, 440m cans. @ 10 nz dollars each. I was nt really happy about the cost as I have a bee in my hat about the price of craft beer.
However it was good and I enjoyed something different and it gave me an idea of what to expect with this awesome brew that is........ JUICY LUCY.
Ive tried here Johnno to keep in with your expression of this brew which is the Biggie Juice and not to depart from the main theme.
So ,every thing has been measured and preboiled and ready for brew day tomorrow. Ph has been adjusted ,really looking forward to brew day tomorrow. Its gonna be huge, haha
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #2697 by Finnroo
Attachments:

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top