You are not logged in.

Coopers NEIPA

More
3 years 10 months ago #4577 by Serindipaty
Replied by Serindipaty on topic Coopers NEIPA
Yeah I figured I might have let a bit too much oxygen in during transfer from fermenter/bottling bucket/bottles.
Nah it's cloudy as in the occasional chunk - too cloudy. However all tastes good so who cares?!
Bad photo perhaps, but the bottles are PET plastic.

Could have something to do with the age of the can, given I don't know if I got the kit for my 18th/21st/30th.......

I'm now 36! So yeah I wasn't expecting the best results from it anyway. Interestingly different bottles taste slightly different, but that's probably just due to the amount of debris I got in different bottles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #4578 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
Wow yes thats old!
A bottling bucket wouldnt of helped, you cant really bulk prime an neipa unfortunately.
Yep if it tastes good drink it! Cheers mate!

• annears
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #4582 by annears
Replied by annears on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hey guys, watched the video and keen to give this a crack over the weekend hopefully. I've only used the Coopers tins and their setup and the craziest I've gone was to add some hops. This is the next step!
My questions is, what is the ideal temp to have the wort at in the fermenter once the yeast is pitched and doing it's thing? I'm guessing around the 20-22degree mark?
Cheers Steve

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #4583 by Gash
18 to 20 would be better Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: annears

More
3 years 9 months ago #4607 by amesj
Replied by amesj on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hi. Awesome vids! They have taught me heaps!
Would you change anything if using fermzilla 30l allrounder? What pressure would you spund at?
Also any tips for dry hopping same fermenter?
Cheers man love ya work!!

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #4620 by Gash
I'd probably go 8-10psi 12 max, with dry hopping have everything ready, dont mess around because sometimes it can foam up, so take care, dont rush cause you may stuff up, just have hops there ready etc
If you have the large oring in the fermenter and its hard to get the lid off, this is one way to do it, but follow the steps closely or you'll put the lid through the roof or your face :)
Try and loosen the lid without letting out the pressure, slowly and carefully, if its too tight, because of the pressure just let out half of the pressure, and slowly unscrew, you'll see or feel the lid being pushed up by the pressure, as soon as you hear gas escaping you can let the pressure out before you take the lid completely off.

Gently pour in the dry hops and replace the lid.

There is another method, you can let the pressure out and unscrew the gas side disconnect, use a funnel that can fit hop pellets through and put them in through the hole.

Or you can let all the pressure out and unscrew the lid ring a bit and use a screw driver to jimmy up the lid, you stick it under the edge of the disconnects.

when emptying watch where the pick up tube is, I would recommend shortening it, too late for this batch if you havent done it, but thats ok, just watch when youre emptying because you could pick up a heap of hops.

Cheers!

More
3 years 9 months ago #4621 by amesj
Replied by amesj on topic Coopers NEIPA
Thanks for the generous reply. Really appreciate it!
Its brew day today so i can put it to good use.
Cant wait to try it. Cheers James!

More
3 years 9 months ago #4639 by Madiman
Replied by Madiman on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hi Gash, Just received my Grains for the NEIPA, and realised they have mixed my grains, 1.4kg of Gladfields ale malt and the crystal medium 100g .
However minimum order is 250g. and that is all mixed with the 1.4kg.
So I have 150g extra of Crystal medium , how will this effect this brew. what is this going to do to the overall taste.
Thanks - Tim

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #4640 by Gash
Its not ideal, but it will be ok, will be darker.
Thats really silly of shop to offer minimum size, well it is when its getting mixed in?
Anyway go for it! Cheers

More
3 years 9 months ago #4641 by Madiman
Replied by Madiman on topic Coopers NEIPA
Yep - My fault - apart from darker - how will it effect the taste.
Also with milling - should it be course or fine, and how does that make any difference to the taste.
Thanks heaps. Tim

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top