Coopers NEIPA

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago #4502 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
Nice pics! Get it out of the light though :) Cheers !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #4503 by Serindipaty
Replied by Serindipaty on topic Coopers NEIPA
no stress, light just for photo benefit... it's in the spare room with the roller shutters down! Though I might cover it in a towel just in case somebody doesn't know its in there.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4529 by JayG
Replied by JayG on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hi

I am very new to brewing and have watched the video and want to try this. I bought the American ale grain do I need to do anything to it before using it? It doesn’t come milled or anything.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4530 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hello JayG, Yes you will have to mill it. Ring your local home brew shop and explain what your doing and ask them if they will mill it for you.
Im sure they will be happy to. Cheers and enjoy your brewing its awesome, so much to learn . Let us know how you get on or if you have other issues. cheers again

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #4531 by Serindipaty
So just dropped the last of the hops in, FG seems to be around 1.015 ... but yeah.. no idea what OG was... I couldn't work out how to include the coopers can in beersmith properly....

Krausen dropped on the weekend, so been about 2 weeks in the primary, will bottle in a couple of days.

Was unsure whether to bottle as soon as FG reached or not, seems to be a lot of conjecture as to whether or not it's beneficial. Figured I'd give it a few extra days as it was super cold all last week.

pasteboard.co/J7fWkMY.jpg
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Serindipaty.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4532 by JayG
Replied by JayG on topic Coopers NEIPA
Ok thanks I best get that done before starting I have watched the video a fair few times to try figure it out haha. Great website and YouTube videos though appreciate your help.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #4533 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
Normally Id say jump in as soon as possible and bottle, but if its been very cold I guess a couple of days might be a good thing, two weeks is usually more than enough. Cheers!

More
3 years 10 months ago #4534 by Finnroo
No worries JayG, enjoy. Cheers.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4535 by Serindipaty
After dry hops put in last night, I seem to have a Krausen-like foam of some sort back again?

From what I can tell this is quite common and is possibly just the hops creating nucleation points for the carbon dioxide that exists, with extra possible fermentation of the sugars in the hops?

Question is, do I again wait for it to drop? Possibly losing some of the hop aromas/flavours over time.... or do I just rack from under the foam?

No issues if it actually drops within a couple of days I suppose...

pasteboard.co/J7ly3L1.jpg

More
3 years 10 months ago #4536 by Finnroo
Give it a couple of days it just a reaction. I dont know the science of it. I have had krausen stay suspended for over 2 weeks and not looking like dropping. I would just treat it as normal. Give it 3 or 4 days and bottle it. I know it looks weird but just go with it. Take notes and report back.One Question though is how long have the fermentation been going before dry hopping. Cheers.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top