You are not logged in.

JEDI JUICE NEIPA

• cliveinthemiddle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 3 months ago #4379 by cliveinthemiddle
Replied by cliveinthemiddle on topic JEDI JUICE NEIPA
Thanks mate. The colour of the hazy beers that I’m trying to replicate (balter hazy is an example) are much lighter and almost yellow compared to my current version. Would the more golden colour come from the 100g of crystal? What if I left that out or substituted that for se wheat grain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4390 by joelthered
Replied by joelthered on topic JEDI JUICE NEIPA
Thanks for the recipes, these are great and very good approximations.

I did a 'lighter' version - in terms of abv and hops as I find with my current fermenter and bottling, they get oxidised easily with too many hops. The colour of the beer was bang on.

One thing I did notice is that in my reduction of hops, I may have used too much Nelson and buggered up the ratio (or not taken it into account at all). It is a very pungent hop. Overall the beer still tasted really good, just a bit sharp from the nelson.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #4391 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic JEDI JUICE NEIPA
Yeah Im not a huge nelson fan to be honest, it can over power easily, make things taste like white wine. If you didnt see the video in my version I changed it, at the least the dry hops and added in Mosaic, so was 1/3 of each.
But as you say it might of been calculations too less booze, has to mean less hops, or can get unbalanced.
Also different batches of the hops can be very different. Its all a bit of a guessing game. Maybe give it some time to settle down?
Cheers mate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top