You are not logged in.

Mum's Ginger Beer ?

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #874 by Dullahan Brewing
Mum's Ginger Beer ? was created by Dullahan Brewing
Ok so my MGB has been force carbing for about a day and a half under 15psi. I just sampled it and its nowhere near carbed enough yet but i was not expecting it to be really. I had a sample for quality control purposes and it was very dry. Now i used a wine yeast so was kinda expecting that but not as severe as it is.

I have 2x500gr bags of lactose in the cupboard and i am wondering if i can add about 250gr of this to the keg in some way to sweeten it up ? Also i was thinking of attaching the gas line to the beer out post to get better carbing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #875 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Mum's Ginger Beer ?
I left some of this in a half pint glass overnight and i swear i had at least a 1/4 inch sediment in the bottom in the morning. :blink:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #876 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Mum's Ginger Beer ?
under 15psi it could take a week or more, unless your did the 2-3 minute roll under 30psi first. You can put the gas on the beer post if the connections are the same and you could back sweeten with lactose!

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #877 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Mum's Ginger Beer ?
Well they are both ball lock so i did put the gas onto the beer post and boy you should have heard her bubble :ohmy: No i did not do the 2-3 min roll i forgot. What i actually did was i killed off the yeast with pot sorbate 3tsp and back sweetened with 300gr table sugar. After that i put the gas onto the beer outlet and i have her at 30 psi now.

I reckon leaving it to settle after all that might be a good idea,i did not use lactose as i am testing to see how killing off the yeast and using table sugar will work out.Somebody from the national club here suggested it as he said i am force carbing anyway. :woohoo:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Dullahan Brewing. Reason: Monday morning.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #878 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Mum's Ginger Beer ?
once the yeast is dead it shouldn't matter what you sweeten with :)

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top