You are not logged in.

Bulk Priming

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #1358 by xenon
Bulk Priming was created by xenon
Right. I have a 1kg bag of Dextrose and no idea how...? Not even sure why I decided bulk priming was a good idea. Drops seem so much easier. :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #1359 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Bulk Priming
once you get the hang of it bulk priming is really easy, and really comes into its own when you have different size bottles.

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #1360 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Bulk Priming
I got told at the brew shop the results would be better by another patron. I looked just now at a calculator so have an idea of how much to use for my 18L :blush: anyway how do I use it. Just mix it in a stir everything up (kidding) or mix with a cup of warm water and tip it in. Seems silly and really basic but yeah no clue. :blink:

:woohoo: just noted the different size bottles part. So a measured amount in the bottle? I'm using 750 ml bottles and will be using them for a long time to come, so information on how to do it like a bro or CO2 volume considerations would be cool.

forgot to say Cheers
Cheers
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by xenon. Reason: idiocy

More
9 years 9 months ago #1361 by DaveyM
Replied by DaveyM on topic Bulk Priming

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #1362 by Gash
ok for 18L I reckon you'll need about 145g of dextrose, simply boil about 2 cups of water for 5 mins add the dextrose and boil for another 5mins.
After that just tip it into you bottling ferementer or bucket, and transfer your beer into that container too. The transfer will mix it up and you don't have to worry about stirring. After that just fill the bottles as normal. Any size bottle doesnt matter. Thats it!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Gash.

More
9 years 9 months ago #1363 by DaveyM
Replied by DaveyM on topic Bulk Priming
If ya not poor as a crow an ya usin 750's or 375 ml carb drops are a breeze and worth the $3 for ease of use , for me at least , Ive done some bulk priming but only when using odd bottles such as 940ml 330 ect and when I have wanted to up/down the carbonation but for standard bottles an stubs I'd go carb drops as it doesnt get any easier drop'em in fill'em up ..cheers good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gash

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #1364 by Gash
Yep I used it a lot because I had pint bottles and many odd size other ones. And I used to do it when carb drops were very irregular, they used to be shit, the coopers ones seem alright now, I havent seen many others around.

• xenon
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #1365 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Bulk Priming
B) nice. Yep i'll use drops this time as I don't have a secondry. Save the Dextrose for another time. But a food grade bucket is on the list and probably another fermenter. I thought this was going to be the cheapest hobby i ever started bahaha :silly: shush i think i hear the wife coming :whistle:

cheers

Another good vid Gash. Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top