You are not logged in.

Coopers Cerveza

More
9 years 7 months ago #1483 by pig
Coopers Cerveza was created by pig
Hi, Coopers Cerveza is my second attempt at home brewing...

used a tin of this along with the brew enhancer #2 as suggested on the tin. fermented for about 7 days around the low 20's... still have it in the fermenter now after 9 days...

i bought some hops the other day just to play with - Amarillo / Warrior / Motueka...

So i was thinking i would rack (think thats the right term) half to a secondary fermenter and leave as is in the fridge and the second half rack and add some hops for a few days and compare the difference?

any feedback / thoughts would be really appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1484 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers Cerveza
Yep, that would be fine, just be careful and clean of course, to be honest if the yeast took off fast it's probably done, maybe test it and you could bottle half and chuck the hops in whats left, leave that for 5 days or so and bottle the rest.

As for the hops, I guess the Motueka is probably closer to style for a mexican beer. And since its half a batch you probably could add around 15-20 grams.

But it you want more of the fruity flavours you could try the amarillo or warrior.

Cheers!

• Johnson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1498 by Johnson
Replied by Johnson on topic Coopers Cerveza
I agree with gash motueka would be my choice too for the dry hop. one thing i have noticed with the cerveza kit is that it gets much better with age, your dry hopped half will drink much better when young but I find that a coopers cerveza brewed just with the be2 at about 20c becomes a very easy drinker after about 5-6 weeks in the bottle where as at 2 weeks it tastes very young and has a real green apple flavour (possibly poor yeast health or underpitching). at about 6 weeks i gave some of my mates a bunch of these and they thought it beat corona hands down!another easy one i would recommend is trying the same thing with Danstars belle saison yeast! completely different beer but even more enjoyable

More
9 years 7 months ago #1501 by pig
Replied by pig on topic Coopers Cerveza
hopped half with 15gms of motueka and left the other half as is...

will bottle the hopped stuff in 4-5 days?

and let it sit for a few weeks and see how it goes?

thanks for the advice...

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top