You are not logged in.

Water Quality

More
7 years 5 months ago #2239 by Jonty
Water Quality was created by Jonty
Hi folks,

Where i live we are totally off the grid for all utilities, which is awesome btw.

I have a question about the water I will be using, as a said we are off the grid so our water is mainly rain water collected in the tanks or thru the hot dry summer months it would be bore water pumped up into the rain water tanks.

Will this water still be OK to make my beer with in a RoboBrew I dnt wanna buy one then find it is a waste of time.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2241 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Water Quality
Interesting question, I've never tried brewing with rain water or bore water, I would think rain water would be a safer bet, but that depends on the composition of your bore water.. You could get the water tested, from memory there is a place in SA that does it. Another option would be to get a good filtering system and build the water profiles up from there. You could always try a mash in a pot and see how it goes.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Gash.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2266 by ozale
Replied by ozale on topic Water Quality
Hi Jonty, i'm in the same situation now (last 2 years) and I brew with rain water all the time and it's perfect for kits and extract but you will need to adjust it for all grain. As for bore water, as Gash said you will need to get it tested or get a test kit, you might want to check out lemotte.com ( think thats how it's spelt)

More
7 years 2 months ago #2271 by EZiTasting
Replied by EZiTasting on topic Water Quality
While I have little to zip experience with beer brewing (we can't all be perfect! ;) ) I am aware that Iron in bore water will affect the outcome of your ferment...

But, as has been said above, if you don't test it you will never know for sure and everything will be guesswork and hard to replicate...

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top