You are not logged in.

Ipa test

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #3607 by Richard
Ipa test was created by Richard
I have just done a cheap coopers IPA and it's in my fridge now but when it's bottled I want to get a better quality kit and do the steeping grains method on your recipe guide. I also want to put in a whirlfloc tablet, so when would be the best time to do this. Cheers me dears for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #3608 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Ipa test
ummm I'm really not sure a whirlfloc tablet is going to do anything for it RIchard. If you wanted to try you'd maybe use 1/8-1/4 tablet into the boiling wort about 5-10mins before the end. Then I guess you'd have to let it settle for 10-15 and then siphon off the clear wort on top. Im not sure it's going to achieve you anything though. Cheers mate!

More
5 years 6 months ago #3609 by Gash
Its mainly used in all grain so everything goes to the bottom of the boil kettle, then the kettle is whirlpooled so all the junk (bits of grain, proteins, hops) forms a trub cone in the middle of the pot, then the wort is collected at the side. On a stove top size pot, if thats what you are doing, I'm not sure its worth the effort, just use a grain bag for the grain and one for the hops. Any proteins that form the yeast will munch up.

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #3610 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Ipa test
Thanks for the advice. Just wanted really clear beer at the end ant thought it would help. I'm going to try cold crashing as I can just set the inkbird to 2° which will help with clarity. Thanks again

More
5 years 6 months ago #3611 by Gash
If you want it clear fast, which would be the case with an ipa because aging doesnt do it any favours, I'd suggest try gelatin, either in the fermenter or keg. Let me know if you want advice on how to do that , Cheers!

More
5 years 6 months ago #3614 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Ipa test
I plan on doing a 4 day cold crash of my pale ale, i ll let you know how it goes for clarity. cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top