You are not logged in.

Fermenting Under Pressure

• Woodie
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #4354 by Woodie
Fermenting Under Pressure was created by Woodie
This most likey has been asked but I have searched. What do I have to know for pressure fermenting ie psi to temp?
I just bought a Fermzilla yesterday. I love lager and normally only brew them in winter when it it is easier to keep the temp, as I have not got a fridge yet. I know if you have read my intro I have been brewing for 32 years I have not got around to it, you can't rush these things.
Any help would be great.
Thank you
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4355 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Fermenting Under Pressure
Gday Ron, perfect pressure for fermenting is between 10-15psi, you can go higher but it could suppress even the good flavors from yeast, not just the bad! You can push temperatures, but seeing you dont have real temp control you still need to be a little careful, it doesn't perform miracles, you probably wouldnt ferment a lager yeast rated at 9c at 30c.. but pick your lager yeasts well, like 34/70 and you may not have any issues at all. You just have to try it I guess! Sorry for delay in reply, I'm visiting family for Christmas etc. Cheers!

• Woodie
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #4356 by Woodie
Replied by Woodie on topic Fermenting Under Pressure
Thanks mate. I will be getting a fridge I just have to make room. I have temp control but just use for heat when it is needed. It is had to find info on pressure fermentation.
Ron

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top