You are not logged in.

Regulators

More
6 years 1 week ago #3113 by Metal
Regulators was created by Metal
Hey guys and gals , does anyone know if I can put my whole c02 bottle along with the regulator attached to it, in the fridge so I can carb up cold kegs before I start using them, I'm just wondering if it will damage my regulator??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 days ago #3114 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Regulators
Good question and one I hadnt thought about. Ive just started kegging and put the whole lot in the fridge and never gave it a thought. Gash will know so Ill be interested to know, but ill make some inquiries . Cheers,

More
6 years 6 days ago #3115 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Regulators
I found this cheers
And on a final note, putting the bottle of gas in the fridge will cause the reading on the gauge to drop to 500 psi. This is not a loss of gas, it is just a lowering of temperature - it will come back up when you warm up the bottle. Temperature and pressure are connected (as Boyles and/or Charles figured out in the 19th Century) so do not worry it does not affect your keg set-up to have your C02 bottle in the refrigerator.

Enjoy your keg setup! It is the most enjoyable thing you can add to your homebrew setup!

More
6 years 6 days ago #3116 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Regulators
Yep in the fridge is fine, but as Finnroo said the pressure gauge will read lower on the gauge that shows you the actual pressure in the tank, the gauge that supplies pressure to your keg, or serving pressure will read normally. Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top