You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Morn'in All!

• Oldmate
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4006 by Oldmate
Morn'in All! was created by Oldmate
Newbie logging in.
Been K&K and Extract brewing for quite some time now, and I've decided to slide further down that deep rabbit hole and have a crack at All Grain.
No one local to bend their ear for tips so your vids Gash have been most helpful! Getting on a bit in years and even though I have all of my marbles, they roll a little slower at times,LOL, so I'll be asking some dumb questions.

To begin, I have prepared an old 50l keg for BIAB, very similar to the HLT construct vid you posted Gash. The top of my 2200 Watt heater is some 80mm off the bottom of the keggle. When I add the grains to the bag, do I just allow the bag to slump down over the element, or do suspend the bag to prevent that?? Do I manufacture some sort of guard to protect it from having weight bearing down on it?
Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #4007 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Morn'in All!
G'day mate, It would be a good idea to try and have something to keep the bag off the element, especially if you plan on turning it on to warm or something, that may or may not be needed. I cheap way would be a cake rack, need one with longish legs though. I used to use a steel rack a got with my microwave.
You could try just suspending the bag but its a bit of a crap shoot, since they stretch and sag once the grains in sometimes and its very likely to get caught around the end of the element. Cheers mate!

• Oldmate
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4008 by Oldmate
Replied by Oldmate on topic Morn'in All!
Thanks mate, I'll have a snoop around Bunnings BBQ/outdoors section and see if they might have something to offer. Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top