You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

New to CD, first post.

• Deejay
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #5393 by Deejay
New to CD, first post. was created by Deejay
Hi to all brewers from NZ,
First post for me.
Stumbled across Cellar Dweller a few months ago and got hooked.
Been brewing around 10 years (biab). Recently purchased a Brewzilla 65, have 2 small batches and 2 full batches under my belt with mixed/frustrating results so will be asking all the experts out there for some hopefully helpful tips.
cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5394 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic New to CD, first post.
Gday mate, sorry for the delay in reply, crazy times, gone into lockdown again and been busy trying to amuse the kids lol. Cheers mate!

More
2 years 8 months ago #5399 by Carrobrew
Replied by Carrobrew on topic New to CD, first post.
Welcome Deejay,

I'm in Aus and brew on the 35L BZ.

What issues are you having with the 65L?

• Deejay
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 7 months ago #5455 by Deejay
Replied by Deejay on topic New to CD, first post.
Hi Mate,
sorry for the late reply but first time back since my post, been busy.
Issues are low efficiency and wort clarity..
I was doing BIAB before purchasing the Brewzilla and was getting around 70-75%
With Brewzilla the first 4 brews 64-67%
Have done a small batch since my post, 65% and a full batch 79% which was great.
Probably me being impatient. I know its probably time and practice, especially as with biab I was using a grain bag so could crush finer as with the Brewzilla I need to get the crush right and i'm assuming that is also the reason for wort having lots of crap in it sometimes due to to fine a crush?
cheers.

More
2 years 7 months ago #5457 by Gash
yeah you dont want a fine crush with a anything except brew in a bag, %s dont mean much, its all about consistency. Cheers!

More
2 years 7 months ago #5458 by Bongoboi
Replied by Bongoboi on topic New to CD, first post.
Out of interest, what kind of efficiency do people generally get out of their Brewzilla 35L setup. I only seem to get around 70% on a good day. Does that sound normal? Like Deejay I came from BIAB where I got much better efficiency in general.

More
2 years 7 months ago #5459 by Gash
What eff% mash or brew house? Eff% numbers don’t mean much at all, as long as you get some consistency. My mash eff is usually 81-83 really depends on the brew some higher some lower. Cheers!

More
2 years 7 months ago #5460 by Gash
What eff% mash or brew house? Eff% numbers don’t mean much at all, as long as you get some consistency. My mash eff is usually 81-83 really depends on the brew some higher some lower. Cheers!

More
2 years 7 months ago #5461 by Bongoboi
Replied by Bongoboi on topic New to CD, first post.
My mash eff is around 81% and BH around 76%,going off Beersmith. But my equip profile is at 65%. Does that sound right? I know in the end my grain bill will compensate. But that 65% is what I originally landed on after a few brews with this system. I think I'm still really getting the hang of a sparge system. I didn't start out brewing that way. I went from partial mashes to BIAB.

More
2 years 7 months ago #5462 by Gash
With sparging you should get better eff% than full volume BIAB, but if you reduced the grain to dust its possible right know you might be getting less eff%, then that moves us towards either the crush, stirring/mixing/mashing in and recirculation, even the recirculation isnt that vital as you probably know from BIAB.
I am a little confused that you have 81 and 76, fairly common when you got a system down pat. but your profile eff% is set at 65%?

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top