You are not logged in.

m3taL's 4v E-Herms Setup

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #2026 by m3taL_Brewer
m3taL's 4v E-Herms Setup was created by m3taL_Brewer
ey Guys i thought i would show off my big system 4v Herms system.

I build this a bit over 2 years ago but has been a bit of a work in progress, I originally had the herms coil inside the HLT and have since trialed a kmart $8 Kettle Herms setup which works more efficiently than having 6m inside the HLT with a 3600w element.

This has also allowed me to have better control over the HLT not needing it to be at mash temps all the time. Allows me to add water for mash out to raise temp faster 3min compared to 15min and the have sparge water ready to go.

I do step mashes as well when required.

The next upgrades are to Extend the boil kettle so i can do full boil double batches, i can do 2 no chill cubes as it is but it pushes the limits, id like to be able to comfortably be able to brew a double batch. Then to convert a Corny i have with a hole in it for the herms kettle.

I was thinking of selling it but i would regret it and would never recoup anywhere near the money or time i have spent on it. So i have decided to keep it and build the Home Brau Meister as well. Even if i only brew on the big one once or twice a year to do double batches its a fun system to brew on and its great when you want to brew with a mate and both take home some prize :)

Anyway heres my Brew Day Video from yesterday Im a bit of a unit and stumble words and call things the wrong names but anyway this shows the system running and how it works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2031 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic m3taL's 4v E-Herms Setup
Thanks Jamo!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top