You are not logged in.

Scroll Bar (08 Jun 2017)

Scroll bar disappearing?.... Press F11 and then again press F11 - Im working on the fix - thanks for your patience.

Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Dullahan Brewing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 7 months ago #1214 by Dullahan Brewing
Dullahan Brewing created the topic: Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D
Got a brain fart the other day (i can hear ye all say "oh no not again"), i have been searching high and low for some perry juice to brew my own perry or even plain old pear juice to do something similar but not to be found between here and UK it seems. Anyway Aldi the other day saw some pear halves in their own juice in tins.Picked up six tins and tonight i chucked them all in a pot and boiled and pureed them,added 2.5 lires cold tap water and put the lot into a demijhon with a tsp each of pectolase and yeast nutrient. I used a woodfords wherry yeast i had left over from a kit that was 12 months out but had been kept in the fridge all along,fingers crossed, no gravity taken, just want to see if i can brew something passable :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Dullahan Brewing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 7 months ago #1215 by Dullahan Brewing
Dullahan Brewing replied the topic: Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D
Well as of last night it's fizzing away nice and slowly.All the pulp has floated to the top which is what i expected so here's hoping in two weeks or so i will have something drinkable,if it works will be a cheap way to make a pear drink :woohoo:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 7 months ago #1216 by Gash
Gash replied the topic: Aldi Perry Brew(sort of) :D
I hope it works out mate!

Drunken Ramblings

Gash's Avatar Gash - Tue 17 Oct - 11:20

I need to do some more kits again, time poor!

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Tue 17 Oct - 10:57

Just brewed a simple Brown beer kit with brew enhancer. Quick and easy.Should be good. :D

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 4 Oct - 11:09

Thanks Gash.

Gash's Avatar Gash - Wed 4 Oct - 08:05

Congrats Finnroo!!!

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Tue 3 Oct - 17:58

and sadly a black arm day Tom Petty died . The man who gave us radio rock n roll at the highest level. Saw him and the heartbreakers in the Christchurch town hall in about 1980ish,. Out standing.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Forum Feed

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top