You are not logged in.

coopers Das Alto amber ale

• sittingaround
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2074 by sittingaround
coopers Das Alto amber ale was created by sittingaround
So ive been a bit strapped for time of late and decided to do a few extract based brews and had i just missed out on the Coopers recipe of the month Das Alto amber ale. So i was down the brew shop the other day and picked up what i needed can wise. i made a few changes based on what i had on hand.
1.70 kg Real Ale Extract (Coopers) (230.1 EBC) Extract 2 49.3 %
1.50 kg Amber Malt Extract (Coopers) (340.0 EBC) Extract 3 43.5 %
250g crystal
25.00 g Cascade
and 25.00g galaxy? centennial for dry hop??..

i was hoping this would be a quick brew before work Friday morning. But shit! i brewed and get it down stairs to my garage and find my fracken new fermentation fridge over run with fracken ants and i mean over run. it was like a colony had made it self at home in there :angry:

any one ever had this issue?

any ways i took a sample for OG and it was about 1.046 and has a really nice caramel flavor to it. cant wait to bottle and get stuck in..
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by sittingaround.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2075 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic coopers Das Alto amber ale
wow never had that issue, although I have worried about it sometimes. Guess it's no big issue unless they get right into your fermenter!

• sittingaround
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #2097 by sittingaround
Replied by sittingaround on topic coopers Das Alto amber ale
so ive been so busy with work and crap i only got to bottle this one today. and well i dont know what the hell went wrong. Its so bitter and about 500 shades darker than it should be. its almost a stout in color.
this is the recipe i started with and changed to the above based off what i had on hand. The only things changed where the hops/caramalt by 50g.
coopers recipe

But its more like this
IBU 294
EBC 100

More
7 years 9 months ago #2104 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic coopers Das Alto amber ale
Sorry mate, for some reason the notification for your reply ended up in my junk email folder. Liquid malt can darken with age, 50g extra of caramalt will change the colour a bit but not too much. 50g of hops on the other hand can change things greatly depending on what you did them.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top