You are not logged in.

Scroll Bar (08 Jun 2017)

Scroll bar disappearing?.... Press F11 and then again press F11 - Im working on the fix - thanks for your patience.

Smoked Coopers Irish Stout

• RAD
  • RAD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Dweller
  • Fresh Dweller
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2422 by RAD
RAD created the topic: Smoked Coopers Irish Stout
I have been a big fan of Smoked Porters and Stouts for a long time so with that in mid and with winter fast approaching here in BrisVegas I decided to have a crack and see what I end up with.
Being an Extract brewer I have just used a Pre hopped Cooper Irish Stout can to see how it goes and then if it works out I will repeat the brew as a full extract with hop additions, so here's my recipe.

Brew Date 29/05/2017
1.7 kg Coopers Irish Stout
200g Beechwood Smoke Rauch
200g Chocolate Malt
200g Roasted Barley
1kg Stout booster from my local brew shop which looks to be 750g Dark Malt Extract and 250g Maltodextrin.
Safale US-05 and the Coopers Yeast from the kit.
Grain Steeped for 30min in 3litres of water @70C and then rinsed with 1litre of water @70c
I brought the Tea to the boil, dissolved the Stout Booster Boiled for 15 min.
Remove from heat at the end of 15min and added Coopers Irish Stout to Tea/wort to dissolve mix well and then added to fermenter that had 5l of water that was in the fridge over night topped up to 20litres with another 15litres of cold water.
Yeast pitched @ 20c
Brewing @ 18c

Cheers
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #2423 by Gash
Gash replied the topic: Smoked Coopers Irish Stout
Sounds interesting Rob, I havent used smoked beechwood malt before, let us know how it goes! Cheers mate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Gash's Avatar Gash - Thu 17 Aug - 18:26

Cheers Klemm!

Klemmstein's Avatar Klemmstein - Tue 15 Aug - 15:01

G'day guys, hope that all is going well. 17

toemouse's Avatar toemouse - Mon 14 Aug - 16:01

I know the cause of the scrollbar issue. Let me know if you wanna know how to fix it.

Gash's Avatar Gash - Sun 13 Aug - 11:48

Cheers mate!

ewok671's Avatar ewok671 - Sat 12 Aug - 16:04

Gash, I've been watching your videos and I'm loving them. Right now I'm writing from Guam and since North Korea wants to mess with us, I thought I'd sit back and drink some cold homebrew.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Forum Feed

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top