You are not logged in.

Adding candied sugar to fermenter

• Msigler
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1979 by Msigler
Adding candied sugar to fermenter was created by Msigler
Hi. This is basically a sanitation question. I brewer a couple batches the other day. By the second one I was half lit and in a hurry and I'm curious as I probably have ruined it. My first batch was a sweet stout extract kit and second was la petite orange extract kit. Finished the boil off. Cooled it down to 70 degrees F. Pitched yeast. Stuck it in the closet. I'll be damned if I didn't forget to add the candied sugar. Without think to boil it in water before adding like I have done before at least 20 times, I added the sugar directly to the fermenter and gave a good stir. Day later and normal bubbles from the airlock but I can't help but feel like I'm gonna have an infected batch. What ya think? Did I ruin this one?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #1981 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Adding candied sugar to fermenter
I think it'll be ok, if it came from a can it should be just fine, if it came from a container the home brew shop filled you might be really unlucky and get infection. I think you'll be fine! Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msigler

• Msigler
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #1983 by Msigler
Replied by Msigler on topic Adding candied sugar to fermenter
Thanks gash. I will post back in a few weeks when I bottle it. Or not if it's infected. From now on I'm only brewing one batch at a time. Too pissed by the second one to follow directions. Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top