You are not logged in.

Biggie juice

• Johno
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2634 by Johno
Biggie juice was created by Johno
I had the pleasure of drinking some of Feral's biggie juice at there brewery. I am thinking it is something like a new England IPA
Does anybody else want to try to clone this? Or have any intelligence on what's in it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #2635 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Biggie juice
Can't say I've tried that one. Sorry mate!

More
6 years 6 months ago #2657 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Biggie juice
I hav nt tried it either so I googled it and according to one review its :A big juicy beer with a delicious fruit salad character. Mango, pineapple, guava, stone fruit & juicy citrus characters. Bloody delicious! :
I also noted its very pale yellow and cloudy.
I would nt have a clue but having said that I would maybe start with pale base malt a, a bit of crystal, but not much about 10%. and i m thinking malted wheat at say 40%.
Hop Addition would maybe be any that have the above character with alot of late hopping, whirlpool and dry.
Now the yeast i would try might actually be a saison strain. The reason i say that is because i had a Saison at a local festival here and i found that to be sort of juicey.
Maybe its a start ,Maybe i will give it a go myself.cheers and good luck.
What do you think Gash?

More
6 years 6 months ago #2658 by Finnroo
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johno

• Johno
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2662 by Johno
Replied by Johno on topic Biggie juice
original tasting notes; 6% new England IPA 40- IBU
This juicy east coast IPA is oozing with enough tropical fruit to be sponsoring an Olympic gold medal winning 4 man rowing team. In collaboration with the Royston hotel in Melbourne this IPA is intentionally cloudy giving a creamy mouth feel and hop aroma full off apricot peaches and passion fruit. Juicy...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Finnroo

More
6 years 6 months ago #2666 by Finnroo
OK good so, we should use say so5 yeast, and maybe the grain bill is good. a hop i thought of that ive used alot is wai-iti. very pineapple and cascade as well?
Its coming together, cheers Finn. Out there brewing it.

• Johno
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2669 by Johno
Hey Finnroo, Yes sound good. It will be very interesting to see what come out of it. Even my wife loves this brew and she normally only drinks Pilsners.. I thought about this flavour too -German Hallertau Blanc but I have never seen it available--
J

More
6 years 6 months ago #2676 by Finnroo
Niceone Johnno, Im sure ive seen it around although its not on the list at my local homebrew store, but that does nt mean I cant get it.
Have a look at the list on the link and see if any flavours and aromas come to mind.
www.yourshout.co.nz/shop/beer/hops
You might have to go back and try another pint or two, for research purposes only off coarse.
Cheers

• Johno
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #2677 by Johno
Kohatu, Moutere, Riwaka all describe similar to the taste and the outsider would be Wai iti
Its a long way to go back for some more research though and only available on draught
all the best

More
6 years 6 months ago #2678 by Finnroo
OK Johnno im no going to muck about, I plan to brew next thursday, spoke to a local brewer about it today and apparently as far as hops go its all the sexy ones , all the c hops etc and believe it or not no boil hops.
I would be very tempted to add a tiny amount first runnings and add some @ 15min onwards. Whats your perspective on this.
Im going to enjoy brewing this because im a malt forward man normally.
We have to remember that hops are bloody expensive, but what the ,all in the name of HOMEBREW.
CHEERS .

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top