You are not logged in.

Not new to brewing but new to kegging

• Markbarbs
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #1561 by Markbarbs
Not new to brewing but new to kegging was created by Markbarbs
Hi Guys,

I'm not new to home brewing, but new to kegging as the wife has bought me a new kegging system.

Where do I start?? I've heard a couple of different ways.
One of which when after the fermentation has finish is to put the brew in other container and place in the fridge to clear for a number of weeks, then place it in the keg or can I put it in the keg earlier?

Other question is what is the best to carbonate your beer in the keg? what pressures and serving pressure?

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1562 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Not new to brewing but new to kegging
There is no real need for a secondary, as long as your beer has finished fermenting in can go straight into the keg. Carbonating can be done many ways, you can do it slowly put the pressure at about 12psi and it will take about 2 weeks to carb. Or you can help it along by burst carbing at a high pressure for a short period of time, there are many different ways to do that too! I have a few vids on setting up and force carbing. Cheers!

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1563 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Not new to brewing but new to kegging
Your beer is ready to be kegged at the same time it would be ready to be bottled. Some people start to 'crash chill' (The whole fermenter @ about 2c for a couple of days) their beers when they start kegging, just to help the hops drop out of the beer if they have dry hopped it. Otherwise the beer will clear in the keg itself.

• Markbarbs
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #1564 by Markbarbs
Replied by Markbarbs on topic Not new to brewing but new to kegging
Ok thanks Gash, I will give it a go and will see how it goes.

Cheers

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1565 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Not new to brewing but new to kegging
Follow those videos from Gash and you won't go wrong. Word of advice though,i keg straight from primary as i don't do secondary,i usually force carb at 3 Bar or about 40 psi and roll the keg while doing this,however a couple times i have put the pressure on 40 psi and then got distracted and not got back to the keg until the following day,this led to over carbing and loads of foam in the glass. :blink:

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top