You are not logged in.

Coles NEW 'Steam Rail Brewing Company'

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #284 by Gash
File Attachment:

Coles Supermarket has released its first beer with the creation of the Steam Rail Brewing Company. The beers have been getting a lot of attention on social media and according to Coles sales have exceeded expectation. With labels that read the beer is “produced for the Australian Beer Connoisseurs”, the range includes "Ghost of Eyre" Pale Ale, “The Gold Digger” Golden Ale, and “Lucky Amber” Amber Ale.

The official tasting notes read as follows:

"With balanced hops and malt, the Ghost of Eyre Pale Ale has a well restrained crisp bitterness. The bitterness is offset by a caramel taste, as well as fruity and floral notes."

"The Gold Digger Golden Ale is a smooth, rich Golden Ale that is honey gold in colour with a refreshing subtle hop taste that is perfectly balanced with delicious fruity aromas."

"Lucky Amber is a full-bodied, powerful Amber Ale with richness and length, featuring a nutty and toffee flavour. Deep amber to copper in colour, this beer provides good mouthfeel and a lingering malt-driven finish."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozale
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #285 by ozale
Replied by ozale on topic Coles NEW 'Steam Rail Brewing Company'
Had a six pack of the Pale Ale a couple of days ago and while it was a nice drop it's not a Pale Ale as far as I'm concerned. It's nothing like what I consider to be an Australian Pale Ale like "Fat Yak" or Coopers "Pale Ale". Still looking forward to trying the others.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #286 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coles NEW 'Steam Rail Brewing Company'
I'm hoping the shop up the road has some and the wife might bring me some home tonight

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top