You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

New brewer on board

• Chuditch
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #1507 by Chuditch
New brewer on board was created by Chuditch
Hello All,

I have been brewing for close to a year now,and cant get enough!First brew i ever did was a coopers Vintage ale,and from there i have done dark ales,lagers(not a huge fan)draughts,scottish ales,pale ales honey ales,berry ales and now ipas.Up until about 4 weeks ago i was bottling,but now i have a kegerator with 2 kegs always on the go.I am also growing my own hops-Saaz,Hersbrucker and Super alpha so far,first year in and they seem to be loving the south western Aus soil/weather.
Anyways,

CHeers,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1508 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic New brewer on board
sounds like you are right into it after just a year! Good stuff mate! Looking forward to see how your hops go, I have cascade in went well last year, only just starting to grow again this year! Cheers!

• Chuditch
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #1509 by Chuditch
Replied by Chuditch on topic New brewer on board
Good one mate,

Did you get a decent harvest in the first year?
im Not really expecting to get much the first year to be honest,id be happy with enough for 1 or 2 brews:)Will definately post some pics when the look abit more.....Mature.

Cheers,

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1510 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic New brewer on board
200 or 300 grams dried from memory, which isnt bad considering the shit hot weather and wind we had here. Those 40+ weeks on end with wind, they don't like much.

More
9 years 6 months ago #1511 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic New brewer on board
Keen on seeing pics and hearing how you get on as well. I don't have perfect growing conditions for hops so it would be interesting to hear from those in a similar situation.

Cheers and Welcome

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1512 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic New brewer on board
Welcome and keep us updated on the hop growing. :woohoo:

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top