You are not logged in.

First All Grain Brew

• Carrobrew
  • Carrobrew's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4865 by Carrobrew
Replied by Carrobrew on topic First All Grain Brew
Beer has been in primary at 19c for 6 days now. Checked gravity and I’m sitting and 1010 From starting and 1056 so though I’d dry hop.

Opened and still have pretty thick Krausen (see pic) I figured I’d dry hop anyways as I don’t expect gravity to drop much more. It sat on top of Krause so I pushed the hops slightly under with the bottom of the bowl which I sanitised with the super kill KL ethanol sanitiser.

Is Krausen this thick normal at what is supposed to be terminal gravity? Doesn’t look like infection but unsure. Sample tasted and smelled great and looked good too.

Have now raised temp to 21 to cleanup.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #4868 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic First All Grain Brew
Doesn’t look infected, it is hard to tell of course, but very likely it isn’t infected. They would of eventually sank, but it should be ok still! Couple more days hey! Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carrobrew

• Carrobrew
More
3 years 8 months ago #4869 by Carrobrew
Cheers mate. I appreciate all the help along the way. Yeah didn’t think so, smelled good and wasn’t furry or anything.

Yeah I’ll probably leave it till maybe Tuesday or Wednesday then crash to 3 till Friday then bottle. Have a couple of kegs my neighbour was getting rid of but no CO2 and no spare cash to buy any yet so bottle for now.

Brew again Saturday. Thinking of an amber, although I had a pale today packed with Mosaic and Citra, fuck me it was good.
Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #4870 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic First All Grain Brew
Great combo!

• Carrobrew
More
3 years 7 months ago #4934 by Carrobrew
Thought I would post back with the results.

Turned out really nice. Pics are from 3 weeks after bottling. Nice and clean, you can really taste the citrus and grapefruit notes from the cascade. I reckon it's not far off the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Tried this 2 weeks after bottling, it was no good. It wasn't fully carbed and I think there was still sugar in solution from priming so it just tasted like malt sweetness + more sweetness and no hop flavour. After waiting the extra week it's a completely different beer. I thought I had oxidised or ruined the whole batch somehow but the beer I sampled a few days ago was very nice. Could hold a head better and be slightly more carbed but that may improve as time goes by.

All in all very happy.

My amber will have been in bottle 2 weeks this Friday so will sample that and bottling a Citra mosaic IPA on the weekend which tastes amazing in primary.

Cheers!!
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #4938 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic First All Grain Brew
Some nice looking beers mate..

hows the brewing going

• Carrobrew
More
3 years 7 months ago #4939 by Carrobrew
Cheers mate.

Was actually the same beer(s) at varying stages of drunkness and drunkenness.

Going awesome mate, loving it. 3 on the BZ now enjoyed all of them. Gotta bottle the IPA batch but should have beer for a little while now. Keen to brew again but probably went a bit over budget lately.

What about u mate? Enjoying it and your new kegerator?

More
3 years 7 months ago #4943 by ozdevil1
have 2 beers on the kegerator was hoping a 3rd by now a stout , but that will be brewed on Sunday morning

at the moment have a bohemium pilsner (i think i spelt that wrong)
and the coopers clone xpa both on keg

brewing has taken my budget over but thankfully the bride she is starting to see my method of madness

she is even starting to help me brewing

even the post man is saying here is more beer stuff for ya mate

but with the keggerator i probably could have went a 2 tap system rather then 4 , but eventually all taps will be filled

• Carrobrew
More
3 years 7 months ago #4945 by Carrobrew
Nice one mate.

Yeah my missus will come around, slowly but surely.

The kegerator will have to wait for another day for me unfortunately, had to do the dentist thing for both of us lately, they don't miss ya!

4 tap was the way to go I reckon, pretty soon you'll be after a 6 tap the way you're going!

Keep posting pics so I can live vicariously through you and your kegged beer.

More
3 years 7 months ago #4946 by ozdevil1
Dentist ouch mate i know what ya mean i have a root canal that needs fixing , will result in losing tooth , but its not bothering me at the moment..

mate bottling is getting to hard for me standing at a sink washing bottles aggrivates my back to point i cant walk

still bottle a few throught counter bottle filler though

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top