You are not logged in.

Problem Reaching starting Gravity just on my lager

More
3 years 7 months ago #4895 by Carrobrew
I have used brewfather exclusively but once you have your water report put in it makes water additions really easy which will balance your PH and let you hit certain profiles. What area do you live in?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ricco77
  • Ricco77's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #4896 by Ricco77
I just downloaded Beersmith. just working on a water report from WA Water corp ( Perth) there is a water report on their website but it's not showing all the stats I am looking for I think but I really don't know what I am looking at anyway.

is there a default water profile in beersmith ?

More
3 years 7 months ago #4899 by Gash
I asked some in Perth they said to email watercorp, what have you got and what are you missing?

More
3 years 7 months ago #4900 by Gash
I asked some in Perth they said to email watercorp, what have you got and what are you missing?

• Ricco77
  • Ricco77's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #4903 by Ricco77
Thanks Gash

yep have allready got a water data sheet from water corp have set the water profile in beersmith and seems to be working good.
So i will be brewing this weekend with just my tap water for now and see if i get a good Starting gravity and PH.

But i see there is no profile in beersmith for using RO water from my resource this week on water. RO water has no or little minerals left in so you are left with just the PH of say 5.3 . Now when you add grain to that your PH will drop even more to say 4.8 that means i just need to add bicarb soda to raise the PH to 5.3 in turn raise the starting gravity back to 1050

Or have i got the completely wrong?

More
3 years 7 months ago #4904 by Gash
Brewfather gives this as RO
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #4905 by Gash
im actually filtering ro right now and mines this
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #4909 by Finnroo
I found out recently that malt has some sort of natural buffer that happens in the malting process. Which basically (i think) means the malt will want to steer the pH into the conversion ball park in the mash. Ill leave it there as im getting out of my depth. Just something to note. Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top