You are not logged in.

Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #1075 by Gash

’Bilby’ – Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale.
I developed this recipe when I I needed a quick drinking hoppy pale ale! It’s made from easily accessible ingredients and can be made in under an hour. Coopers themselves have since added a slightly modified version to their recipe list. Enjoy!

1.7kg Coopers Pale Ale (pre-hopped extract)
1kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 (500g Dextrose, 250g Maltodextrine, 250g LDME)
500g Light Dry Malt Extract
45g Amarillo Hops
30g Cascade Hops
Safale US-05 Yeast

Split up the hops evenly into three additions.
15g Amarillo and 10g Cascade. (15min, 1min, Dry Hop)

Bring 5L of water to the boil, turn off the heat and add 500g Light Dry Malt Extract, mix thoroughly.
Return to the boil for 5mins, add 15min addition of hops, boil for a further 14mins
Add the 1min addition of hops boil for a further 1min and then turn off the heat.
Pour through a sieve into your fermenter, add Coopers Pale Ale can and Coopers BE2, mix thoroughly.
Top up with cold water to 21L
When temp is 18-20c add yeast.
When fermentation settles down, usually after 5 days add the dry hops.
Leave for another 5-7 days until fermentation is finished.
Bottle or keg as usual.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Gash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #1228 by Greg52
I have just brewed a very similar beer with great results.

Mine went a little something like this:

Coopers Pale Ale
500g Light Dry Malt
250g Dextrose
250g Gem spray
That is what my local brew shop sells as a premium blend of fermentables.
15g Cascade
15g Amarillo.

I boiled 2L water added the Dry Malt, Dex and Gem spray once dissolved I added the hops at 1 min also. Final batch size was 22L. I just used the standard Yeast fermented at 19c. This is great beer that will be a regular on tap.

I have also just started grain steeping so if you have any recommendations to alter this a bit please post.

Cheers
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Greg52.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1229 by Gash
That looks great! Really depends on what you are after as far as changes are concerned. You could steep some crystal malt maybe 200-300 grams just to add some sweetness and head retention. and maybe dry hop some more of the same hops for aroma! If you want it more bitter you could boil the hops for a few minutes more.

More
9 years 11 months ago #1235 by Greg52
Yeah I have gone away from boiling hops for to long I learnt my lesson with a previous batch. It was that bad I had to mix it with a cider to take the edge off.

But I will try it out with the crystal grain and maybe some dry hopping I will re-post here with the results.

Cheers

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #1236 by Gash
that would be great, I look forward to seeing the results!

More
9 years 4 months ago #1557 by Adam
Wow!! What a beer! Quick easy and tasty as !!! Was chomping at the bit to open the bottles as soon as I tasted a glass as it left the fermenter!! Couldn't get coopers pale ale extract, so used black rock instead... Lovely lovely result will do a lot of this in the future, will be fantastic ice cold in the heat of summer!!

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 4 months ago #1558 by Gash
Glad you liked it, I really like it too! Cheers mate!

More
9 years 3 months ago #1595 by Phyro McBruce
Replied by Phyro McBruce on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
I have been studying this recipe for months now, I want to make a Hoppy Citra Pale Ale,

So I have used this Recipe as a Base for it, using the Cooper APA, BE2, Dry Light Malt and Safale US 05 Yeast,

Boiled Dry malt for 60 Minutes, Adding 15g of Citra at 60 Min, 15g Citra / Cascade at 15 min, 21 Litre in Fermenter, 20c added Yeast, that was last night, it is bubbling away today,

Anyone got any advice when I am bottling, my first brew, I added a Tea Spoon of regular sugar to each bottle, is there anything better I could use?

Andrew

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1596 by Gash
Sugar will be ok for bottling, some use Dextrose or even carbonation drops (They are like a candy/lolly you drop into the bottle) you can buy. Cheers!

More
9 years 3 months ago #1597 by Phyro McBruce
Replied by Phyro McBruce on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Thanks Gash, I can get Carbonation Drops from Wilko, so I shall do this, this is only my second brew, but my Older Brother has brought me an All Grain Kit for Christmas, I am looking forward to trying this,

I have purchased some Lactose, I really want to make a Sweet Chocolate Milk Stout, but will have to do my research first,

My first brew was a Kit 'Tom Caxton's Real Ale' I followed the instructions and the only addition was some East Kent Goldings, dry hopped, was a great first beer! My friends were impressed

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top