You are not logged in.

Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1598 by Gash
Great stuff! Carbonation drops make it easy! Cheers mate and happy brewing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #1601 by Phyro McBruce
Replied by Phyro McBruce on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Hi Gash,

Question, the beer has been fermenting now for 6 Days, I am going on Holiday Saturday - Wednesday and was planning on bottling when I return, do you think an extra 6 Days, so 12 in total in the Fermenter will make a huge difference?

I have been reading comments on the internet, most positive about leaving the beer in the primary fermenter for longer, apparently it can improve taste and improve clearing of the beer, but I just wanted to get your take on the matter?

I am happy to bottle it tomorrow for Secondary Fermentation, but I can't see any harm in leaving it, it still releasing Air through the Air Lock about every 8 Seconds, as opposed to a few days ago where there was barely a Second apart from the Air release,

Thanks

Andy

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 3 months ago #1602 by Gash
That will be fine! Just leave it be. Cheers mate!

More
9 years 2 months ago #1628 by Phyro McBruce
Replied by Phyro McBruce on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Merry Christmas!

I just though I would let you all know how the Beer Turned out...... Amazing! My second ever Homebrew and you can't even tell that it's a home brew

It's very Flavourisom and Lasts down to the last drop!

So here is my overal Receipe

100g Citra
100g Cascade
500g Coopers Dry Light Malt
1KG Coopers Brew Enhancuer 2
05 Safale US
Carbonation Drops

60 Minutes Boil - 5 Litres Water
15g Citra & 500g Dry Light Malt @ 0 Min
15g Citra & 15g Cascade @ 45 Min

Poured into Primary Fermenter
Added Coopers Brew Enhauncer
Topped up to 22 Litres in Primary Fermenter, Waited for 21c Temp, Added 70g Citra & 85g Cascade for Dry Hopping and the 05 Safale Yeast

Sealed and left at for 12 Days in Primary Fermentation before Bottling, left for at least a Week before trying the first beer, it was INCREDIBLE, Beer Designed for Hop Head

Milk Stout next, I have some Vanialla Pods and Lactose Ready, but going to do some research

Happy Brewing 2015 Everyone
Dudders
Attachments:

More
9 years 1 week ago #1701 by gunnerviii
Replied by gunnerviii on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Hi Gash just wondering what the the 14 min boil, then a extra 1 min of the same hops does? sorry if this is a dumb question mate.. this will be my first brew :)

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago #1702 by Gash
G'day, they add different qualities the 15min addition adds some hop flavour and the 1min addition while it adds some flavour will also give you some aroma! The longer a hop boils the aroma and flavour disappears and just turns to bitterness! Cheers and good luck!

More
9 years 1 week ago #1710 by Cookscraftbrewing
Replied by Cookscraftbrewing on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Gave this a crack about a month ago, flavor is fantastic but i have almost zero head and every 2nd bottle is flat as a tack. used carb drops as per instructions, i'm using PET bottles but my last brew was carbonated fine, not much head but still lively. my temp control wasn't fantastic (Melbourne) but close enough. any ideas?

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 1 week ago #1711 by Gash
G'day, typically an extract beer won't have much head unless you've added some grain, but the lack of carbonation wouldn't be helping either. It has to be either leaky bottles, which shouldn't happen or just something to do with how the bottles were stored and yep the temperature makes a big difference, if they got too hot its possible the yeast was killed, or too cold and its gone to sleep, but it should wake up again. How long have they actually been bottled for? Cheers!

More
8 years 11 months ago #1712 by gunnerviii
Replied by gunnerviii on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Hi Gash, I'm up to my 12th day of fermenting and have noticed a fruit fly in my keg which I quickly got out. The reason it has got in it is because its the new coopers fermenter and it doesn't screw down but the lid sits loosely to let the gases out. I have now wrapped it in cling wrap so pretty sure no more will get it. As you know this is my first brew so I was pretty shattered to see this happen. Do you think the brew will still be okay or would it now be contaminated? Thinking of bottling it tomorrow or hold out til Saturday or Sunday? Sorry for so many questions!

PS Do you think I should send coopers an email and see if this has happened before. When my neighbour first looked at the keg he said you will have to watch out for fruit flys but I thought he was just having a go at me.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #1713 by Gash
Hey mate, sorry I was at the hospital all day! Let's hope it got in after there was enough alcohol to kill any nasties on it, its a wait and see I guess. If you can take a reading and see if its done will probably be around 1.010 to 1.013. Think positive :) My guess is it will be ok. Saturday might be better, but it depends on how the ferment went, if you noticed the foam on top die off a couple of days ago you should be fine for tomorrow. I need to go to bed, the wife just had a baby! Talk later, Cheers mate!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top