You are not logged in.

Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate

More
8 years 11 months ago #1714 by gunnerviii
Replied by gunnerviii on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
The foam on top started clearing a few days ago, so will bottle Saturday. Had a quick taste when I was checking the readings and it tastes so good! I went and brought a 60lt fermenter today with a screw on lid, 20lt batches was never going to last.. :) Congrats on the new arrival mate! boy or girl this time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #1715 by Cookscraftbrewing
Replied by Cookscraftbrewing on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate

G'day, typically an extract beer won't have much head unless you've added some grain, but the lack of carbonation wouldn't be helping either. It has to be either leaky bottles, which shouldn't happen or just something to do with how the bottles were stored and yep the temperature makes a big difference, if they got too hot its possible the yeast was killed, or too cold and its gone to sleep, but it should wake up again. How long have they actually been bottled for? Cheers!

Had been bottled for 2 weeks before a week in the fridge, i tightened all the caps again and found a few that were a little loose, ive probably had 50% turn out flat but the rest are ok but not great. have since bought a 2nd hand fridge and had a fridge electrician hook up a temp gauge so my temp worries are sorted. Will be brewing this again to see the difference.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #1716 by Gash
Another possibility is they weren't completely carbed when you fridged them?

More
8 years 6 months ago #1834 by stewcooney
Replied by stewcooney on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Damn fine drop gash .. it does get kinda strong in a bottle but hey ... who doesn't want to get pissed :evil:

More
5 years 9 months ago #3319 by Torben314
Replied by Torben314 on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Hi Gash,

I love the videos online and am a new member here

I am going to put down my second batch in the fermenter this weekend. I will use the recipe above, however, unlike you im not a hop head :)

I would actually like something closer to what you describe in the tasting video the ale you brewed for visitors "Ale not Lager" as you call it.

Can you tell me, what hop additions could i make to the above recipe to get something more like that? With specific instructions would be great as I am new to this :)

Thanks mate and keep up the great work

Torben

More
5 years 9 months ago #3322 by Gash
This beer isnt exceptionally hoppy, but if you want just a straight beer, dont do the boil or add the hops. Just add all ingredients to the fermenter.

If you want a little flavour just use 5g of each hop at the same times instead of the 10g and 15g.
Cheers!

More
5 years 9 months ago #3323 by Gash
Or just use Cascade 5g at each time,

More
5 years 9 months ago #3324 by Torben314
Replied by Torben314 on topic Hoppy Coopers Pale Ale - Extract Concentrate
Hi mate,

I think I will add a little hops maybe the 5g of cascade for the first time and then adjust if needed on the second try.

Thanks gash, greatly appreciated ill let you know how it goes

More
5 years 9 months ago #3341 by Gash
Think the beer will benefit from the cascade, even just the 5g here and there, will freshen the kit up. If you find it hoppy, though dont think you will at all, a month of aging and most would be gone anyway. Cheers!

More
5 years 7 months ago #3402 by Pup
Gday, I’m a new brewer and have this fermenting at the moment, just wondering if I was to batch prime it how much dextrose would you use?

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top