You are not logged in.

Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings

• Cooper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #5437 by Cooper
Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings was created by Cooper
I am looking for the Brewzilla 35l profile to set up my Brewfather equipment settings correctly. Can someone point me in the right direction.  I did see there was a mention of a video but could not locate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #5438 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings

I am looking for the Brewzilla 35l profile to set up my Brewfather equipment settings correctly. Can someone point me in the right direction.  I did see there was a mention of a video but could not locate it.

have a look at this video  from @Gash , he may have even a better way of doing it on Brewfather

hope this has helped you

More
2 years 7 months ago #5439 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings
If you grab one of my recipes from brewfather, it should have the profile in it, Cheers!

and thanks Ozdevil!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cooper

• Cooper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5440 by Cooper
Replied by Cooper on topic Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings
Thanks Gash & Ozdevil. I looked through the Library in Brewfather , unsure what/how you tag yourself. Could you point me to any of your recipes so I can check my settings. Have been given a NEIPA recipe and keen to get this brewing.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #5441 by ozdevil1
Replied by ozdevil1 on topic Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings

Thanks Gash & Ozdevil. I looked through the Library in Brewfather , unsure what/how you tag yourself. Could you point me to any of your recipes so I can check my settings. Have been given a NEIPA recipe and keen to get this brewing.

Try this link   to one of gashes recipes

web.brewfather.app/tabs/recipes/recipe/g...KYVcOPByiD4VmS31kTC2

then just cpy his into your own profile
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by ozdevil1.

• Cooper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5442 by Cooper
Hi ozdevil. Whenever I click that link it takes me to my own recipe page. Yes I am new to this, can you give me a name of one of gashs recipes. I have noticed that some of the Brewzilla settings I am seeing say the dead space is 6.5 lt, surely it is less than that?

More
2 years 6 months ago #5443 by Gash

More
2 years 6 months ago #5444 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla 35L Brewfather Settings
There's a few ways of setting up profiles, and dead space , some people say its the dead space from the bottom with what's left behind when you empty by tap or pump. While others will call it the space from the bottom of the mash pipe, to the bottom of the kettle.
One thing you'll soon realise is trying to do ratios water/grain just doesn't work in these systems, same with all the single vessel brewing systems. Ratios need to be forgotten. You'll find your mash water will always need to be about 17L to 21L (maybe 22l) otherwise things just aren't going to fit.
So you'll see in most of my profiles I set the strike amount myself, I set the min and max strike water levels in the settings.
My advice is to grab a profile, do a brew, take plenty of notes and adjust for the next brew, in a few brews you'll likely have a profile that's dialled in for you.
I see you're brewing an NEIPA, a tough brew on any system, one hint I'll give if you're using flaked oats, go into the oats settings and change the yield, or at least check it and make sure its 60% or below. Most programs are wrong with flaked oats yield %, I think its because they aren't tested like malted grains are.
Cheers!

• Cooper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5445 by Cooper
Thanks Gash./ Perhaps I have bitten off more than I can chew with a NEIPA. Checked Flaked Oates setting and yes it was 70%, have adjusted down to 60%. Finished transferring to fermenter and noticed that the Original gravity is down, I suspect that was a result of lower mash efficiency than expected. I am thinking this was due to adding the second filter screen and did not get very good flow over the grain.
Appreciate your advice, many thanks. Do you have a good US IPA in Brewfather?

• Cooper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5446 by Cooper
Hey Gash, I managed to find your recipes once I realized it was from the The Home Brew Network.
Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top