Extract Mango IPA Recipe

• annears
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5483 by annears
Extract Mango IPA Recipe was created by annears
Hey Brewers,

Anyone got a good recipe for a mango IPA using extract tins? happy to add grain if required.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #5484 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Extract Mango IPA Recipe
Sorry mate I havent used mango in any beer, but I'd be looking at amarillo and cascade for hops, but I'd go a little easy if you want something like mango to shine through, I'd actually start with a pale ale tin. Starting with an IPA tin might be too bitter or the wrong flavours.
While grain helps. its probably not needed in a beer like this, you probably wouldnt taste it.
I'd do a small, short boil with some LDME and boil and steep some hops in it.
Add the mango in the fermenter.
Cheers!

• annears
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 6 months ago #5485 by annears
Replied by annears on topic Extract Mango IPA Recipe
Thanks mate,
Happy to try something a tweek it where needed. I'm guessing a US-05 yeast would do the job?
If I got 100g of each hop what would you recommend for steep/dry hop split? kind of want it to turn out to be a easy drinking summer style beer.
Thanks

More
2 years 6 months ago #5486 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Extract Mango IPA Recipe
Its very hard to guess, but I guess you dont want them to over power the mango, so maybe 25g of each for a steep/end of boil, for 10-15mins.
and I'd judge the ferment when its 3/4 through take a sample and see if you think you need to dry hop. If you do you could go anywhere from 25g each up to 75g each depending what you think of the sample

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top