You are not logged in.

COOPERS ENGLISH BITTER + EXTRAS.

• Madiman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4737 by Madiman
Replied by Madiman on topic COOPERS ENGLISH BITTER + EXTRAS.
Thanks Finnroo,
Ive been looking through the recipe's over the weekend, and came across the Caramel Munich Malts , 1 , 2 , & 3 . It would appear they add a nice malty bready mouth feel / flavour. .
Also on the English Bitter we have been discussing above, would you suggest hops to be added or do you think there is enough in the Coopers Bitter Extract - Can . .
Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #4740 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic COOPERS ENGLISH BITTER + EXTRAS.
I was just looking over this post, and I'd did a big rant about your shop guy, and noticed its not here! Bugger, that post was lost in the ether some where, I wondered why it didnt get a reaction from some one lol it was a good rant lol Cheers!

More
3 years 8 months ago #4744 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic COOPERS ENGLISH BITTER + EXTRAS.
Sorry Tim for the delay. I dont know if you should add any extra hops. I dont really do any extract or partial mash any more. But English Best Bitters are nt really that hoppy. If I was to brew this beer Id just do it as it is and at least that way you have a starting point of reference if you know what I mean. Turn on that kettle and see how you go. Cheers mate.
Gash ,how about reposting that rant. lol cheers

• Madiman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4772 by Madiman
Hi Gash - I made the English Bitter,
as we discussed with Light Crystal, Caramalt, an 200g wheat malt, Finroos suggestion. But forgot the bloody Oats. anyway, looks like it turned out well.
O G. after cooling to 20 C. was 1051 / 52 with new refractometer..
What do suggest the final SG should be before I cold crash . ?
Tim

More
3 years 8 months ago #4778 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic COOPERS ENGLISH BITTER + EXTRAS.
I dont remember which yeast you used, its a normal ale yeast like US05 I'd expect 1.010-1.014 ish
if its an english style like S04 or ESB yeast
It could possibly finisher higher even up to 1.018 but if you nurse these yeasts they will finish lower. Its hard to suggest a time, because these yeasts can ferment fast, but they can stall just as fast.. A pro brewer recently told me once they get to about 1.025 dont let it cool at all if possible ramp it up. Normally for other yeasts I do this once under 1.020 and I can do it visually normally and have time, but these english yeasts can take off and ferment in a few days.. So its hard to give you a time..

• Madiman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4782 by Madiman
Thanks Gash,
I used US05 1 pack and the OG was 1.051
Checked yesterday and its 1.024 so ive stored the fermenter in a room of 24 deg , to liven it up, se what it read in 2 days.

Thanks again Gash.
Tim

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top