You are not logged in.

Fermzilla Allrounder

• DazScott
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #5379 by DazScott
Fermzilla Allrounder was created by DazScott
I was lucky enough to get a Fermzilla allrounder with pressure kit for my birthday. Anyone used these as a keg to serve beer from? I havent been able to find much on Youtube about serving from it. Can you carbonate and then bottle from it if its no good to serve from? I reckon I would need a picnic tap or something to fill the bottles. Should I get a CO2 cylinder also or does the yeast create enough CO2 transfer to bottles? Anyone know of any good websites/videos about using the Fermzilla?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #5381 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Fermzilla Allrounder
First off ,Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good one. Cheers.
So the first thing i found was this ressure Rated
This fermenter is rated up to 2.5bar so you can force carbonate just like a keg. You can use this fermenter for closed transfers and signficiantly reduce oxygen exposure.
Here is a Gash video that could help
www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Fermzilla+a...nder%26FORM%3DHDRSC3
I dont have one of these but i think you could after fermentation Gas it up with co2 or gas it up with some sugar for a 20 l batch or whatever you have brewed (google the amount or ask me to figure it out .
However I think the best way to go is to get a keg and get the brew off the yeast cake. The allrounder looks like an awesome piece of kit and alot of brewer are using them ,so cool stuff. And good luck. Hope this helps and makes sense lol. cheers

More
2 years 9 months ago #5384 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Fermzilla Allrounder
you can use them to drink from if you like, you can carb in them but bottling carbed beer is a bit of a pain, it can be done, but you'd need co2, and need to probably use a counter pressure bottle filler if you plan on storing them for any length of time.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top