You are not logged in.

I would be lost without my brew shop but where can i buy cheaper hops??

More
6 years 2 months ago #2980 by Dobbo
Has anyone got a good online site to buy hops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2981 by Gash
Unfortunately hops rarely are cheap, unless they are old.. Bulk is better of course. Postage has killed me importing them from Yakima Valley like I used too, although still cheap if you can team up with someone. www.yakimavalleyhops.com/category_s/1967.htm

Key is finding someone to go halves with, most bigger retailers will sell by the kilo much cheaper, but thats a lot of hops!

I usually end up back at the usual places. Grain and Grape, Keg King, Cheeky Peak, Clever Brewing.
www.grainandgrape.com.au/
keg-king.com.au/
cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/
www.cleverbrewing.com.au/

Sorry mate, probably not much help
You could also approach any small local breweries and see if they can help you out, some will, some won't.
Cheers!

More
6 years 2 months ago #2983 by Finnroo
Yes I agree, frequent visits to your local craft brewery and getting to know the brewer whilst getting your rigger filled will often reap rewards. Ive bought milled grain cheap and been given a bag of lime stone and a small bag of yeast nutriant for free. Also been offered yeast strait from the slurry if i want.
When I make a hoppy beer i choose a hop that is high AA% for bittering so i only need to use a small amount and maybe another 2 varieties that are low AA% but with alot of flavour and aroma. If your cleaver you should be able to brew a nice IPA for 100g total hops. So you buy 3 pouches of hops for 3 brews plus still have some bittering hops left over for a few more.
I do understand that whirl pooling and dry hopping is very popular at the moment but not always necessary. Good luck, let us know how you get on .Cheers.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2984 by Dobbo
Awsome thanks boy's all advice on hear is very helpful

More
6 years 1 month ago #3048 by Finnroo
Hello Dobbo, i was wondering if you managed to get a supply for some cheaper hops. cheers.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top