You are not logged in.

Blending beers

• Bacchus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #3997 by Bacchus
Blending beers was created by Bacchus
Just a wee question here...Has anyone blended two brews together? The reason why I asked...On my way home from a my Bowls match today, I grabbed a couple of IPA from the off-licence. I have a keg of what was supposed to be Gashs zombie lust...didn't work out...because of interruptions and forgetting to dry hop..it's a wee bit bland ( the hops are there, but only just ), but blended with the IPA...EFF me...beautiful...Just a facefull of Citra....He sings ( after a few )..." Heaven...i'm in heaven "...i'm just wondering if others have had the same experience? or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #3998 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Blending beers
Hahahaha niceone. yeah ive done it quite a few times in the past with some excellent results. Certainly something to sing about lol. Cheers mate

• Bacchus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4001 by Bacchus
Replied by Bacchus on topic Blending beers
With beer...there's everything to sing about...however at 10.55pm on a Saturday night...with a few at the club and more than a few at home, i'm singing along with everything..LMAO. Now whats that song about the vegemite sandwich..lol.
Mate, I can't believe how good this...I can't believe i've made my favourite beer taste even better...YEE...effing....HAA...lol. I was going to say hope you had a good night...hope you did..I keep forgetting about time difference...IT'S SUNDAY..hope yawl present and correct for Church...lmao

More
4 years 10 months ago #4002 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Blending beers
haha cheers. I like that Irish whiskey Teeling small batch. good stuff along side a pint of homebrew stout. Slainte

More
4 years 10 months ago #4003 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Blending beers
hahaha Yeah Im always blending beers, the ones I have on tap anyway, Cheers mate!

• Bacchus
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #4009 by Bacchus
Replied by Bacchus on topic Blending beers
It's all about maximising the taste experience for each individual. Myself, i'm not a huge bitterness fan ( around or slightly less than 50 IBU's ) does me..but I love the flavour and aroma of the late addition hops. But it's getting that balance..then add the sweetness level...again I like a certain residual sweetness, just enough to excite the sugary part of the tongue.
I have to say...I was a Chef of 30+ years and for most of that I was a sauce chef ( le saucier )...in which, meats, sauces, soups and stocks are my forte. Brewing beer and blending said brews is exactly the same..bringing different products together to make the sum of all parts.
However, that been said, You still need quality products..a skill we all strive for..but not always achieve and secondly the taste buds like a sommelier ( you know what I mean )..blending is a skill on its own...balancing the bitterness, aroma and sweetness of the malt, really is an art...certainly not one i've mastered. Just touched lucky the other night.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top