You are not logged in.

coopers chocalate/vanilla vidio

• talblow1
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #2246 by talblow1
coopers chocalate/vanilla vidio was created by talblow1
Guys
possibly you can assist , I am a new chum to home brewing , but having successfully produced 4 lots of brew I am wanting to continue
I have just watched a video on the production of Coopers chocolate /vanilla stout but what appeared to be missing from the video was the inclusion of either sugar or Dextroser to the wort or to the secondary ferment , at this stage still on bottles but again I want to go to keg with filtration and c02 , any assistance that you can give would be a real help for future brewing with grains etc .
have a great day
regards
maris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #2247 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic coopers chocalate/vanilla vidio
G'day! I didnt use any dry sugars or dextrose in the recipe, there was a tin of Coopers Stout and a tin of unhopped Dark Malt extract which is in the video. If you like you could add 500g (maybe even a kilo) of sugar, light dry malt or dextrose just bump up the alcohol.

Cheers mate!

www.cellardweller.net/index.php/forum/st...a-stout-extract#1198

More
7 years 1 month ago #2360 by Newmanator
Replied by Newmanator on topic coopers chocalate/vanilla vidio
G'day, I'm also just about to try your great looking chocolate cinnamon stout recipe after discovering gash slugg on Utube recently - great channel! I think I'm certainly gonna chuck in 100g lactose ( advice from the local Cairns brewshop) but.. I'm also curious about your opinion on adding coffee. Whether it needs it,? knowing that you mentioned the roasted grain adds coffee flavour & have you ever added coffee to a brew? If so how..
Cheers, and thanks for the steeping advice. Such a great addition to extract.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2361 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic coopers chocalate/vanilla vidio
G'day mate, Cold Steeped coffee is ok to add but you need to be careful with it, its easy to over do it and thats all you'll taste, some people like it like that :) The best way is cold steeped coffee added after the ferment or you can add beans to the last 10mins of any boil you do. The advantage of adding after the ferment is that you only add as much as you like, boiling can be a bit of crap shoot. Here's a bit of write up. Cheers mate! byo.com/mead/item/315-brewing-with-coffee
The following user(s) said Thank You: Newmanator

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top